The Student Room Group

Do you believe in the paranormal?

Okay I know this isn't an original thread lol, but i am still interested in the paranormal and I would like to ask those who have had experiences to explain what happened...

I'm becoming addicted to Most Haunted,and love watching them shows where a medium talks to the dead, pathetic i know lol, but it is really interesting and invigorating to watch... if it is fake, doesn't fall short of entertaining.

So anything, which may've made you go 'whoa, what the hell?' or say 'wow there must be a higher being' etc. Anything defying some form of logic, I would be very intrigued to hear about it all!

Thanks in advance.
:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone who believes in ghosts is an idiot.
I sometimes get the feeling that Jeff Goldblum is watching me poop.
Reply 5
Sephirot10
Amazing.

Not really.
Reply 6
Formica
Not really.

If I was a ghost I would be doing stuff like that all day.
Reply 7
loooooooool i just read on wikipedia!

'Following the incident, an investigation was ordered by the Television Regulator, Ofcom. In the report which cleared Most Haunted of any deception, Ofcom stated that "Most Haunted is an entertainment show, not a legitimate investigation into the paranormal, and should not be taken seriously."'

interesting! i still know people who have told me some paranormal experiences though. I don't know, anyone who would be of the other side of the argument and present stories that may 'prove' that there is a paranormal x
Reply 8
I believe in ghosts, and I'm happy to PM the experiences that have led me to, OP (have done to someone else in the past so it'd be a copy and paste thing, but meh).
I don't believe in anything else 'paranormal' though.
Reply 9
Not really.
Reply 10
nah
Yes.
Reply 12
I don't believe in ghosts, but I'm scared of them :frown:
Reply 13
Most Haunted is ludicrous. All Derek Acorah does is touch Yvette's pussy in the dark and she thinks everyone's being possessed by the ghost of Queen Mary and getting raped - well at least that's how it sounds when she gets going.

I do believe in the paranormal though.
I don't believe in anything as such, but there are things I've heard that have made me wonder, just things that can't be explained. I'll PM them if you want? but they're about someone else so I don't want it broadcasting, just in case :smile:

I would only believe if I had experienced it x
Reply 15
Things have made me go, "Whoa, what the hell?" but not led me to conclude that there must be some supernatural forces out there.
I have an open mind about it. I've had experiences which could potentially be paranormal but maybe there is a logical explanation for them.

My dad use to work away from home alot and the last time I seen him before he died (I didn't know he was going to die), a strange feeling came over me and I felt compelled to watch the car drive away with him in it, for the last time. After he had died, a cupboard in the kitchen which had been broken for as long as I could remember, was mysteriously fixed. Obviously someone could have fixed it but we never found out who, if someone did.

When I was living at uni, I had come home for a few days and was leaving to go back to my flat at uni, and the dog started howling and whimpering for no apparent reason. I knew the dog well so I would know what was bothering her but I couldn't work it out. That was the last time I seen my step dad alive. (In a conscious state anyway, I actually watched him die in hospital.)

Since then, there has been an element of paranormal activity in the house. The light in my bedroom flickers every now and again (could be dodgy electrics I suppose), and I was in my bed one night and I could hear a sound as though the bed was rocking but it wasn't even moving. I couldn't work out where the noise was coming from at all.

There could be logical explanations for all of that but they were unusual experiences and makes you wonder.
I do believe in the paranormal, but I don't take Most Haunted as a reliable source! Anyone can go into a dark house and start screaming and running.
Reply 18
i don't believe in it but i acknowledge the possibility of paranormal stuff.
Reply 19
I think Most Haunted is faked...that guy just over does it sometimes but i do believe in spirits and odd goings on. Like when my grandad died, there was this clock he had that never ticked and he tried so hard to get it to work...then a few days after he had passed, it started ticking for about an hour at a time and then after a few days it stopped and we havent heard it since. To me it was his way of saying goodbye cause we never got that chance cause he died so suddenly.

It could have been coincidence and there might be a logical explanation as to why it ticked like that but i still stick by what i believe.

My family have seen many weird ad unexplainable things too, but i wont blabber on about them....unless someone wants to know lol.

Lol it would be funny if the most haunted team went out and there is actually an angry spirit who really hates those guys...now that would be entertaining TV..

Latest

Trending

Trending