The Student Room Group

ELAT 2022 (2023 Oxford/Cambridge entry)!!!

Hi everyone :smile:

Wanted to check in with how we're all feeling about the ELAT in 2 days...

I'm super stressed that it's going to be some dumb topic with dry extracts like one of the past papers I did recently but I'm trying to stay positive and remember that it's not the be all and end all.

How much practice have we all been doing if any because like this is so difficult to prepare for. Is everyone feeling just as unconfident as I am?

Also which colleges are you applying to and why?

Good luck to everyone who's sitting the paper on Wednesday let's hope it's a good one!
Reply 1
Original post by hazel_d
Hi everyone :smile:

Wanted to check in with how we're all feeling about the ELAT in 2 days...

I'm super stressed that it's going to be some dumb topic with dry extracts like one of the past papers I did recently but I'm trying to stay positive and remember that it's not the be all and end all.

How much practice have we all been doing if any because like this is so difficult to prepare for. Is everyone feeling just as unconfident as I am?

Also which colleges are you applying to and why?

Good luck to everyone who's sitting the paper on Wednesday let's hope it's a good one!

Hi!

I'm applying to Pembroke because of its connection to J.R.R Tolkien (I'm a bit of a fantasy nerd). Don't worry you're not the only one feeling nervous lol

For practice, I've done a few mock papers and also watched a few youtube videos of successful applicants going over a paper. I've mostly been trying to get my planning time down to within 30 mins to buy myself as much writing time as possible but, like you say, it is really difficult to prepare for.
Reply 2
I'm feeling pretty good
Reply 3
Original post by janec24
Hi!

I'm applying to Pembroke because of its connection to J.R.R Tolkien (I'm a bit of a fantasy nerd). Don't worry you're not the only one feeling nervous lol

For practice, I've done a few mock papers and also watched a few youtube videos of successful applicants going over a paper. I've mostly been trying to get my planning time down to within 30 mins to buy myself as much writing time as possible but, like you say, it is really difficult to prepare for.

right well I've done my last practice now eek!! good luck tomorrow I'm sure you'll do great!!!
Reply 4
Original post by hazel_d
right well I've done my last practice now eek!! good luck tomorrow I'm sure you'll do great!!!

Good Luck!!!

Quick Reply