Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    someone has filed a complaint against me through paypal. basically they are complately lieing so i have declined to give them a refund.

the options paypal are showing are
    offer refund for a different amount (which im not doing)

decline refund but continue to communicate

escalate dispute to paypal

i have chosen decline but continue to communicate however it only gives about 250 characters to communicate.however this doesnt give me enough characters to get my point across of all the reasons why the buyer is lieing and how i can prove that.

so does anyone know, if i chose to escalete the dispute to paypal will there be a chance for me to tell my side of the story before paypal make a decision as i havent had a chance to say my side yet but there isnt enough characters in the second option of communicating with the seller.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    Try to cut it right down to 250 characters. You may have to summarise e.g. say something like "I have proof that you are lying, but not enough characters to demonstrate it in this field"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessx)
    someone has filed a complaint against me through paypal. basically they are complately lieing so i have declined to give them a refund.

i have chosen decline but continue to communicate however it only gives about 250 characters to communicate.however this doesnt give me enough characters to get my point across of all the reasons why the buyer is lieing and how i can prove that.

so does anyone know, if i chose to escalete the dispute to paypal will there be a chance for me to tell my side of the story before paypal make a decision as i havent had a chance to say my side yet but there isnt enough characters in the second option of communicating with the seller.

thanks
    I have been in this situation and if the complaint is that the buyer is claiming he/she has not received the item, and you don't have proof of postage (i.e. insurance (not a receipt from the post office)) then you are screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by princessx)

thanks
    Could you not use the 250 characters to ask for an e-mail address so you can discuss further>?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.