The Student Room Group

Stuck Between SAAS and SFE

Hi there,

I applied for a postgrad loan in July with SFE, having done my initial degree in Scotland in 2018. The application still hasn't progressed, I seem to be stuck in a no man's land between SAAS and SFE, and nobody seems to be able to do anything ti transfer ownership of the account.

SFE have now sent three referral requests to SAAS since July, which haven't been actioned. Every time I speak to an advisor, I'm told that nothing can be done, and that there is no means to escalate this.

I've called SAAS and it's the same thing: An urgent email is sent to the relevant team, and then nothing happens.

I'm getting desperate because I'm now in danger of having to withdraw from my PhD because I'm unable to pay my fees, or support myself. Please can someone help me with this?

Thanks.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by chrisbogle
Hi there,

I applied for a postgrad loan in July with SFE, having done my initial degree in Scotland in 2018. The application still hasn't progressed, I seem to be stuck in a no man's land between SAAS and SFE, and nobody seems to be able to do anything ti transfer ownership of the account.

SFE have now sent three referral requests to SAAS since July, which haven't been actioned. Every time I speak to an advisor, I'm told that nothing can be done, and that there is no means to escalate this.

I've called SAAS and it's the same thing: An urgent email is sent to the relevant team, and then nothing happens.

I'm getting desperate because I'm now in danger of having to withdraw from my PhD because I'm unable to pay my fees, or support myself. Please can someone help me with this?

Thanks.

Hi Chris,

Do you currently live in England, and will you also be studying England?

Thanks, Tina.
Reply 2
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi Chris,

Do you currently live in England, and will you also be studying England?

Thanks, Tina.

Hi Tina,

Yes I'm now living and studying in England.

Chris
Hi Tina,

Yes I'm now living and studying in England.

Chris

Hi Chris,
Thanks for confirming this for me.

Based on this you should be processed by SFE, unfortunately this does mean that SFE won't be able to process the application until SAAS transfer ownership of the account to SFE. As I can only provide general information here, I would recommend contacting our Postgraduate loans team directly on 0300 100 0031 to chase this up.

Thanks, Tina
Reply 4
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi Chris,
Thanks for confirming this for me.

Based on this you should be processed by SFE, unfortunately this does mean that SFE won't be able to process the application until SAAS transfer ownership of the account to SFE. As I can only provide general information here, I would recommend contacting our Postgraduate loans team directly on 0300 100 0031 to chase this up.

Thanks, Tina

Hi Tina.

I appreciate this should have been sorted, but this thread exemplifies the problem.

I've already called the post-grad team and do this now on a weekly basis. They keep me on hold for half an hour while they send an urgent email to SAAS, and then nothing happens. It's been almost 5 months of this now.

How can I escalate this beyond calling the postgrad team, who seem to be powerless to progress my application?

At the moment, I'm considering writing to my MP, because it seems as if there is no-one who can sort this.

Thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi Tina.

I appreciate this should have been sorted, but this thread exemplifies the problem.

I've already called the post-grad team and do this now on a weekly basis. They keep me on hold for half an hour while they send an urgent email to SAAS, and then nothing happens. It's been almost 5 months of this now.

How can I escalate this beyond calling the postgrad team, who seem to be powerless to progress my application?

At the moment, I'm considering writing to my MP, because it seems as if there is no-one who can sort this.

Thanks

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the reply.

I can appreciate the frustration this situation does cause, however I am only able to provide general information via this platform, as I am unable to see specific account details. You would need to contact us directly by phone for this to be looked into for you. Our team can then also go through the complaints processes if necessary for you.

Thanks, Tina.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending