Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    That really doesn't impress me. What degree class did you get at DMU?
    a 2:1, well not that it would impress anyone but it did help me get into the University of Nottingham which I'm actually quite proud of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy90)
    im not worried about getting a job - im worried about getting a plumber if my pipes burst :rolleyes:
    lol

tbh, I would love to see a uni where they base there offers on UUU lol

ReputationRep:
    I got CCDD in my Highers and still got onto a course that needed BBBB

p.s. that was my first uni, I later transferred to UWE for another course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcEmAn911)
    a 2:1, well not that it would impress anyone but it did help me get into the University of Nottingham which I'm actually quite proud of.
    Fair enough then, I suppose you are an exception, possibly. Where do you think you'd be now if you had decided to get a job or apprenticeship or something similar, though?

ReputationRep:
    Ask yourself why you want to go to uni: for a three year pub crawl (an expensive one too) or because you actually want to learn about a subject you love? If it's the former, don't apply, if it's the latter I would suggest doing whatever you can to improve your grades - even if it means applying next year- so you can have a choice of places to apply to rather than having to go straight to ones where you won't necesarily get the best teaching.

(Original post by jcb914)
    One third of the offers dished out by Christ's College, Cambridge are EE. Just in case you're interested. :p:
    yeah, but there are matriculation offers, so it doesn't really count. I mean, would Cambridge really give a second look to an applicant that got EEE in their AS-Levels? and is predicted EEU? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Apparently not if you got Ds at GCSE, CDE at A level, and then attended DMU.
    OMG ashy you're such a snob! Just 'cause someone took a course in advanced discrimination between posterior and cubitus and had to retake the first year, doesn't mean they're not a high-flying academic! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlski)
    You could do this one with one D I think at A level.

http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsr...?n=937405#ER-A
    That's a foundation degree. I know Brunel accepts CDD for its foundation courses which leads to 6 months of advanced standing on Bachelors courses.

ReputationRep:
    Alot of foundation course will accept that. Quite a few people on my course have done the foudation year and got onto my course with similar alevels

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    yeah, but there are matriculation offers, so it doesn't really count. I mean, would Cambridge really give a second look to an applicant that got EEE in their AS-Levels? and is predicted EEU? :rolleyes:
    I wasn't being serious :rolleyes:

But the title of the thread asks for universities that accept DDD-EEE - and if you get an EE offer from Christ's then you can (god knows why you would, but whatever) go on to get EEE and still get accepted and admitted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Fair enough then, I suppose you are an exception, possibly. Where do you think you'd be now if you had decided to get a job or apprenticeship or something similar, though?
    Whatever.. Probably under constant racist abuse and being laughed at?? Question, have you ever seen a chinese plumber in the UK? probably not, have you ever wondered why? (the clue is in the above!).. so it's something which I aim to steer away from. Nonetheless it's something which I'm not interested in, my interest instead lies in marketing and supply chain management.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lampshade)
    Swansea Met.
    Oh god, I'm thinking of applying there, and I got AAA. :eek:

Maybe UWIC would let you in with DDD or lower. I know someone who got in with CDE. On the other hand, OP, maybe you ought to think about an alternative to uni. Not everyone HAS to have a degree, despite what people seem to think these days.

ReputationRep:
    i missed by conditional by 200 points but still got into my first choice.....and im in my second year now and doing just fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadExaminee)
    That's a foundation degree. I know Brunel accepts CDD for its foundation courses which leads to 6 months of advanced standing on Bachelors courses.

And foundation degrees are not the same as foundation courses. And one D is a lot worse than CDD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Higgy90)
    im not worried about getting a job - im worried about getting a plumber if my pipes burst :rolleyes:

I meant if you're worried about there not being enough people in the working sector??
    anyone who wants to go to uni can go to uni,obviously they are not gonna apply if they dont think they are capable ,often the people who do really well at a levels dont do well as well at uni

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Is there any point in going to a uni that will take you with such grades? Just accept that you're not an academic person and get a job.
    my 'a level" grades were just as bad & i consider myself an academic

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who got CDD and is at Twickenham St. Mary's doing philosophy and he needed BBC or something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by insomniac89)
    Oh god, I'm thinking of applying there, and I got AAA. :eek:

Maybe UWIC would let you in with DDD or lower. I know someone who got in with CDE. On the other hand, OP, maybe you ought to think about an alternative to uni. Not everyone HAS to have a degree, despite what people seem to think these days.
    hm... yeah if you want to work at mc donalds for the rest of your life....and btw i did not get ddd-eee, i was just wondering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bansheeee*)
    clearing
    :yep:
    you can get into sheffield hallam through clearing with those grades.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 15, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.