The Student Room Group

Covid 19 rules

Hey can anyone tell me the new covid rules

Do you have to isolate for a few days of not vaccinated
Original post by king345

If by the word "rules" you mean mandated or legal requirements, then there are none right now in England or Scotland; I don't know the legal situation in Wales or Northern Ireland, but I suspect it is the same. What we have right now is advice - which there is only a moral (not legal) obligation to follow.

That advice is available here.

Have you tested positive? If so, the advice is to "stay at home and avoid contact with other people for 5 days" and "avoiding meeting people at higher risk from COVID-19 for 10 days".
Reply 2
Yes I have been tested and I
Am positive
I have all the symptoms and my family also have symptoms
Reply 3
Can anyone tell me
Original post by king345
Can anyone tell me

Tell you what? Did you read my post #2? What additional information do you need?
Moved to health
Original post by king345

Just follow your own country of the UK current COVID 19 regulations that is in place plus look at the government website for all the latest guidelines.

GOV.UK
https://www.gov.uk coronavirus
Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support
Reply 7
Everything now is guidance rather than rules. Stay away from work and vulnerable people for at least 5 days from the positive test
Reply 8
In HK you need to isolate for at least 7 days and your isolation ends when you have a negative RAT for 2 consecutive days.
Others in your household need to be quarantined for 7 days as well, and they need a negative RAT on day 7 to be removed from quarantine. If anyone else in the household tests positive during quarantine, the quarantine is reset.
When my dad tested positive, my entire household had a quarantine order. We locked my dad in the ensuite bedroom to minimize spread, and we were all freed after seven days.
Original post by king345

All restrictions have been lifted. If you test positive for covid you can still go out and go to work. You do not need to isolate unless you choose too.

There is literally no restrictions anymore. Well I’m the uk. Not sure about anywhere else. I would advise you still wear masks if you have tested positive. But yeah. Your free to go out.
Reply 10
Thank you I’ve completed my isolation
Original post by king345
Thank you I’ve completed my isolation

That's ok, but most people won't know they've had it or bother. Hope it's not cost you money or affected your education.
Reply 12
No it’s been fine
My whole family had it

Quick Reply

Latest