Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Does anyone read or know of any good current ones?
    I've been searching but cant find any
    Offline

    15
    ReputationRep:
    or any vet students want to start writing a blog?
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I started one about all my work exp, but then started writing it down in full instead as it meant i remembered all the research i did better! I'll prob write one when i go to uni though just as a memory booster etc.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    or any vet students want to start writing a blog?
    ooh yeah that would be helpful
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I'm considering writing a blog when I'm a vet student. I know that doesn't help now but I've always loved writing and I'd love to even maybe make a book one day. Something like "No I'm not a straight A student, I didn't grow up on a farm, and I didn't go to private school but I still made it through vet school!"
    Just to kill all that stooopid stereotyping I hear when I'm working at the pub.... *le sigh*
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    i would do one but i would probably forget to keep it updated and plus i dont know any site to put it on...
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    the longest i have ever kept a diary for was 1 week, so i would be poo at blogging
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emikoo)
    I'm considering writing a blog when I'm a vet student.
    And thn you get here, and realise you have no spare time at all The very little time off you have, you dont want to spend talking about MORE vetty things!

    I am guessing thats the reason there are no vet student blogs.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    http://survivingvetschool.blogspot.com

    Really interesting case studies on there as well.
    Offline

    7
    ReputationRep:
    "A Vet Student's Perspective"

    "My Vet School Days"
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    They're american students though, I was looking for British student ones.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    The surviving vet school one is based at Dublin actually.

    I've never seen a British one.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    Theres a group of british ones - one from each uni, but they were written in ~2005 and the students were all 3rd years at the time.
    Cant remember the link though
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    I would write one but honestly it would be more tales of drunken antics than academic
    Offline

    1
    ReputationRep:
    lol i can imagine mine being quite similar..
    Offline

    3
    ReputationRep:
    those blogs sound awsome! I love to write and I've kept a diary every year for the last 10 years of my life. If I get in to vet school this year (touch wood) I'll definately make one - wouldn't you guys love to write a book? I've started loads of stories....but never got round to finishing them
    Offline

    13
    ReputationRep:
    ah-ha. Was looking for some lambing info, and this website popped up http://www.makemeavet.co.uk/index.htm which then follows on to this blog http://catherinegraham.blogspot.com/

    Third year edinburgh student. Not many posts on it more recently, but some interesting stuff.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Future African game vet)
    those blogs sound awsome! I love to write If I get in to vet school this year (touch wood) I'll definately make one - wouldn't you guys love to write a book? I've started loads of stories....but never got round to finishing them
    I love to write, and getting a book published is on my one day list.
    I have managed to get a few articles published in the national press, but thats as good as it gets so far.
    Actually I thought it might be quite a good way to earn some extra cash if I do get in vet school.
    Offline

    0
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshMashMash)
    And thn you get here, and realise you have no spare time at all The very little time off you have, you dont want to spend talking about MORE vetty things!

    I am guessing thats the reason there are no vet student blogs.
    YOU NAILED IT! lol

    talking about vet stuff dominates 99% of my life, the other 1% is dominated by rowing (for my vet school crew!) lmao

    maybe i should start a blog....

    dont think it would be that interesting thought, what did i do today?

    Dragged myself out of bed after pressing the snooze button for half an hour, went to two pointless professional studies lectures where i sat in the back row doing revision, did a directed learning in my tutor group where we made faffed about and then actually did the set work for about twenty minutes. walked the 30 second journey home, remembered i'd forgotten to renew my library books...so ran back to uni to renew them before the 1.30pm deadline (it was 1.25 at the time). then i quicky grabbed a sandwich from the canteen and ate it on my way to the train station. went to rowing, and did training for the race weve got on saturday. came home at about 6pm then scrambled some food together, ate. tried to study but failed, procrastinated and then came on here!

    my days dont vary much, so who wants to read about them
    Offline

    2
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blondey)
    YOU NAILED IT! lol

    talking about vet stuff dominates 99% of my life, the other 1% is dominated by rowing (for my vet school crew!) lmao
    Exactly, lol.

    Even if I have had a quiet day (which I did today: half days on wednesdays), where you might think I do someting super-dooper amazingly vetty and interesting in my spare time, its not at all the case.

    Todays blog?

    Slept in till 8am today... wasn't in till 10am, so got a lie in! Got up, slumbered about a bit sorting my life out. Cycled into college after trying to fix my flatmates car in the morning... I failed, I'm no mechanic by any stretch of the word. Got into college, spent 40mins of the 2 hour Computer Assisted Learning session doing it, and 1hr20 messing on the internet, catching up with some lectures I needed to read.

    Went to the CAL follow up lecture, it was rubbish: lecturer was 15 mins late, and then we were there for like 10 mins.

    Left, came home, had lunch. Spent the rest of my day "finishing my research report", which is code for dawdling on the titternet. Tried to meet someone this aft who cancelled on me, so scrounged a free dinner off my dad instead. Morocan lamb... YUM!

    Now: more internetting time, before bed, and then college again tomorrow.

    WOOP!
 
 
 
The home of Results and Clearing

2,673

people online now

1,567,000

students helped last year

University open days

  1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reply
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.