The Student Room Group

Vet Student Blogs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Passed second year! woop woop! Now the serious stuff begins... but cant wait. Im coming up for half way soon!
Im celebrating passing my exams by going to a job interview... joy. But as an extra job this summer I also get to parrot sit, which is obviously the best job ever (apart from being an actual vet.. haha)
Egglet
Passed second year! woop woop! Now the serious stuff begins... but cant wait. Im coming up for half way soon!
Im celebrating passing my exams by going to a job interview... joy. But as an extra job this summer I also get to parrot sit, which is obviously the best job ever (apart from being an actual vet.. haha)

Well Done! Now you're in the clincal years :yep: Awesome!

xxx
Egglet

parrot sit? what kind of parrot?
Reply 483
Its a senegal! Hadnt heard of them before but I went to see him and hes very cute. Theyre green with grey heads and about the size of a fat cockatiel but without the long tail.
Ive already got a budgie and wanted a parrot at some point, so I thought it would be good experience. Plus I want to be an avian vet so its EMS!
Hes cool, he plays basketball and will lie on his back if you tell him to! Hopefully Biffy wont get jealous!
Egglet
Its a senegal! Hadnt heard of them before but I went to see him and hes very cute. Theyre green with grey heads and about the size of a fat cockatiel but without the long tail.
Ive already got a budgie and wanted a parrot at some point, so I thought it would be good experience. Plus I want to be an avian vet so its EMS!
Hes cool, he plays basketball and will lie on his back if you tell him to! Hopefully Biffy wont get jealous!

wow ive never seen one of them before. sounds like a nice bird
Reply 485
I passed first year wooo!!!!
now officially a second year vet student yay.
Reply 486
me toooo woooo!
Well Done!!!!!! :woo:

xxx
Reply 488

Congrats to all of you :wink:
i dont find out till the 22nd june. *sulk* aha my horse placement will not enjoy my company that day if i have not passed. o dear. only got 2 nights left in halls before i head back down south on sunday.
Woop! I'm 25% a vet! Passed animal hygiene and welfare despite it seeming like it was going very badly. I am not a fan of chickens!! :biggrin:
Reply 491
Hey guys. I dunno if this has already been mentioned but I have an idea for anyone who wishes to know what its like to live as a vet student/ know what vet students are up to day to day.

I've just joined twitter, due to much persuasion by my older step brother and I didn't realise you could follow Stephen Fry until the other day. =] (that guys a legend) So anyway, I thought that when I start the RVC I would pretty much do like a mini blog explaining what I as a vet student was up to on twitter. Such as what lectures I did, what I dissected that day etc etc. Seeing as this is pretty much what happens on this thread.
You guys think its a good idea? I'm not sure, because in order to follow someone you have to join twitter yourself but.. Lemme know what you think =]
Emikoo
Hey guys. I dunno if this has already been mentioned but I have an idea for anyone who wishes to know what its like to live as a vet student/ know what vet students are up to day to day.

I've just joined twitter, due to much persuasion by my older step brother and I didn't realise you could follow Stephen Fry until the other day. =] (that guys a legend) So anyway, I thought that when I start the RVC I would pretty much do like a mini blog explaining what I as a vet student was up to on twitter. Such as what lectures I did, what I dissected that day etc etc. Seeing as this is pretty much what happens on this thread.
You guys think its a good idea? I'm not sure, because in order to follow someone you have to join twitter yourself but.. Lemme know what you think =]

i don't think that it would be necessary for people to join twitter. i haven't joined, but i do occasionally have a look at what certain people/businesses have written on twitter by clicking on the 'follow me on twitter' link on their website. if you posted a link to your twitter then people could still have a look even if they didn't want to sign up.
Reply 493
Hmm, then that might be a cool idea then? I dunno if I'll do it yet, just wanted to see if people thought it might be a nice idea.
Emikoo
Hmm, then that might be a cool idea then? I dunno if I'll do it yet, just wanted to see if people thought it might be a nice idea.

Yer, I think it's a great idea, although I'm refusing to join twitter- I already waste far too much time on facebook....:rolleyes:
theparsniplady
Yer, I think it's a great idea, although I'm refusing to join twitter- I already waste far too much time on facebook....:rolleyes:

Farmtown is something I wish I never found out about!

xxx
theparsniplady

i second this, although its a good idea, i simply dont have the time to waste on twitter
batty_hatty
i second this, although its a good idea, i simply dont have the time to waste on twitter

Yep, I'm even considering deleting my facebook before I start vet school :eek:
theparsniplady
Yep, I'm even considering deleting my facebook before I start vet school :eek:

I wouldn't do that! Too many events and things are organised via facebook. But it is an annoying time-wasting activity that if it wasn't so useful I would delete. though then i couldn't stalk people lol!
batty_hatty
I wouldn't do that! Too many events and things are organised via facebook. But it is an annoying time-wasting activity that if it wasn't so useful I would delete. though then i couldn't stalk people lol!

Exactly. It's a dilemma. I wish I could buy a program that would limit the time I could log in each day. Maybe I could spend the summer inventing one....

Quick Reply

Latest