Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Agreed. It is very useful for arranging even more timewasting activites, such as drunken binges.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theparsniplady)
    Exactly. It's a dilemma. I wish I could buy a program that would limit the time I could log in each day. Maybe I could spend the summer inventing one....
    i swear you can get something that does that. when my brother was spending stupid amounts of time on timewasting games websites my dad did something so he could only spend like 2 hours on them or sutin. no idea what he did though, think it was something with security settings.

ReputationRep:
    I think lack of facebooking would depress me more than the insane amounts of work we have to do!

ReputationRep:
    thought i might actually write something about my 3 days on a chicken farm (broilers). tbh the sheds arnt nearly as bad as some people make out. the chickens have more space that alot of people make out, they arnt all of their legs, yeah you get the odd one which goes lame or has a heart attack each day. there are about 5-10 (depending on age of chickens but up to 40 or more between days 3-6 due to hatchery stuff) dead per day after the 6th day. but there are like 10000 a shed so % wise its not that high. if you had 10000 people you will get some with leg problems or heart problems. just my opinion but not nearly as bad as i thought it would be. i looked ridicoulous mind, had to wear a blue version of those white forsenic suit things, all in one with a hood and then a mask and gloves and wellies. The suit was a large thouh cause all their farmers are male for this chain so i could of fir about 3 of me in it!

ReputationRep:
    passed all my exams!!! wayhey! shame the early stables start tomorrow stops me celebrating it properly. got my highest mark in limbs to! anatomy! got 56, 68, 62, 56 so nothing outstanding. my year average is 58 cause my january ones were a bit worse.
    offfically a second year!

ReputationRep:
    Aww, well done Jenny!

ReputationRep:
    Well done!!!!!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    As people here would say, you've gained 8 marks too many! Well done

ReputationRep:
    to bump this thread up again!
    pcems stories; i got thorwn off a horse today. first time ive fallen off! got thorwn like 8 meteres and went right up and over its head as it bucked! was so funny. gonna be painful in the morning though. landed doing the worm and then lay their laughing as my horse ran off down the track. id survived all the cantering and galloping across the fields earlier and was just walking back to the stables and my horse spoked at nothing and bucked me off! was not expecting it!

ReputationRep:
    ahh! Hope I dont get bucked off today! Im up this early to go home to Devon for a wee while, going to break in our filly a little bit too!

ReputationRep:
    there was a horse at the stables being broken in. it was crazy, was getting better though. but it didnt half buck and rear alot when they first started backing it! good luck!

ReputationRep:
    I get to post here now :woo:

I had a half day today as our group went to the farm yesterday Today we had two lectures on proteins and on molecules of extracellular matrix. All very interesting although alot of coughing lol

xxx

ReputationRep:
    ..A LOT of coughing.
    I'm afraid I have it too now, so I might give ladies rugby a miss tonight. I'm still loving vet school though, the practical yesterday was immense! Never before have I had muck painted onto my clothes and glowing UV gel rubbed into my hands. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Me too It still scares me how much work we have to do :shock: I just hope I can balance it all but I can only try :yep:

Yeah. . . Mud being painted on us was quite funny lol and that gel was pretty cool Have you seen the stuff we have to know for the protein self directed learning bit? Quite straightforward

xxx

ReputationRep:
    No, I haven't seen it. I wrote out lecture notes for yesterday and I'm just going over collagens at the minute. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh well seems easy enough. I got back yesterday and barely did anything. . . I sorted my notes out and went to bed! I'm going to try and get all todays stuff looked over and writen out and then shop, dinner, pub!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    I can write in here now too :woo:

I still havent unpacked...and havent got any food....or friends to go buy any with yet and just paid £167 for my internet...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm vet school :p:

Im gonna unpack a bit more then go and find some people I think

ReputationRep:
    Have fun Blahhh while freshers week lasts It gets harder after that lol I love it though. I keep having moments when I'm working away at my desk where I think. . .

"I'm a Vet Student!!! Woohoo!!!"

:rolleyes: Its great. . . People are amazing as well :yep: I hadn't ever realised how nice it would be to have friends who understand the pressure you're under and people whose eyes don't blank every time you talk about something vet related.

x x x

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeeh I keep thinking that lol...its gonna get much much harder :p: Cant wait to get stuck into work though

ReputationRep:
    Its a good feeling to get stuck in tbh I'll probably get sick of it soon :tongue: Anyway! Back to the books :yep: Have fun unpacking!!!

xxx

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.