Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xFuture_Vetx)
    LDVet and I got this awful tubby cat yesterday. We were looking at the nerves in the forelimb and the whole time I was pulling bits of fat trying to decide if they were nerves. . .
    Fat is such a pain!! We got a really nice goat in anatomy last week with literally no fat whatsoever. It was a joy! I now only have one week of anatomy left and then I am done with it!! This photo was from three weeks ago (don't look if you don't like anatomy dead stuff):
    Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahUVM)
    Fat is such a pain!! We got a really nice goat in anatomy last week with literally no fat whatsoever. It was a joy! I now only have one week of anatomy left and then I am done with it!! This photo was from three weeks ago (don't look if you don't like anatomy dead stuff):
    Spoiler:
    Show
    A non-fatty goat!! All the goats we get have more fat than any other animal! Horses are usually great, and the little fat that is there is yellow, so you can easily tell it apart from nerves, etc. Greyhounds are also good, if you're lucky enough to get one!

ReputationRep:
    Just revising for exams for us at the moment. Have technically finished all lectures now so just need to get it into my head (exams next week, eek!)
    Had a practical session on clinical examination of the horse and auscultation of the equine thorax on tuesday which was really interesting. Have since discovered that my horse absolutely hates stethoscopes, and therefore now hates me haha. We got the full tantrum - ears back, head up, stompind front feet, lashing out with the back... all good fun really. Still after an intesive course in stethoscope acceptance he'll now let me have a good listen to everything except gut sounds.

Apart from that having serious motivation issues, just cannot be bothered to learn for these exams :s

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    hahaha that photo of david just cracked me up! wasnt expecting to see him on TSR, haha and this is my break from studying anatomy :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigercallie)
    hahaha that photo of david just cracked me up! wasnt expecting to see him on TSR, haha and this is my break from studying anatomy :woo:
    he reads this too sometimes. i didnt ask if i could put it up but he is such an attention whore i'm sure itll be ok
    im studying anatomy too. well, i managed to learn the brain anyway today which is a start.

ReputationRep:
    he reads this too sometimes. i didnt ask if i could put it up but he is such an attention whore i'm sure itll be ok
    im studying anatomy too. well, i managed to learn the brain anyway today which is a start.
    woop! well done! i did the muscles of the neck urgghhh theyre horrible. Now im on the trunk but i got so bored i had to stop, now im in bed so i think im just gonna get up super early an do it then. Credit on tue, no idea how you guys managed to do all you exams before christmas, i think im gonna manage 1 maybe 2 and i think ill have to come back here like 2 weeks early

ReputationRep:
    Well we're begining to wind down here now. Into the last week of our semester - 1/10 of the way through :eek: Scary stuff. . . I've just been doing some anatomy q's on the neck. Awesome stuff. I don't care what anyone says - Dyce, Sack and Wensing are the best people ever Dyce was actually an anatomist at the **** Vet :yep: He even taught our current lecturer which is pretty cool.

We have one exam this week which is on biosecurity, a few lectures, clinical skills and an ethical debate :yep:

xx

ReputationRep:
    Parasitology exam tomorrow and I am screwed. 3 days is not enough to learn all of the protozoa and arthropoda!! I am hoping for good questions but somehow, knowing the lecturer in question, I doubt they will be! Bring on 8am!!

ReputationRep:
    Parasitology exam tomorrow and I am screwed. 3 days is not enough to learn all of the protozoa and arthropoda!! I am hoping for good questions but somehow, knowing the lecturer in question, I doubt they will be! Bring on 8am!!
    Ah ive got my anatomy final too! also feel pretty screwed! Found out today someone got a talus, A TALUS! just on its own, and had to talk about it, urgh so now ive been on a "learn all the stupid little bones" drive. Goodluck!

ReputationRep:
    Good Luck xxx

ReputationRep:
    At the RVC, us 4th years have our end of 4th year exams tomorrow (i know, end of years in december is just mean!) and I'm weirdly calm, probably because I have just accepted I will fail!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigercallie)
    Ah ive got my anatomy final too! also feel pretty screwed! Found out today someone got a talus, A TALUS! just on its own, and had to talk about it, urgh so now ive been on a "learn all the stupid little bones" drive. Goodluck!
    I got the calcaneus and David got a patella! David also got a femur from a cat that was about a million years old. It's really not that bad though. If there are a lot of you then try and go in early on before she starts getting bored!!

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm now into a steady slug of revision. . . It is brightened by the random facts I find out though The worst thing about this whole thing is the unknown. I don't know if I'll pass or not but I'm going to put my all into it and keep positive :yep: I did better than I expected in my lab book and thats given me a little boost over the holidays to work hard. Well back to work! I'll probably keep you posted on my progress lol xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I've been trying to keep a blog of what I get up to on the G&T course at the RVC as part of my work with eMedia.

You can find it here:
    http://hannahvet.blogspot.com/

Please feel free to ask any questions by commenting on the relevant post!

ReputationRep:
    lol that's my username!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry HannahVet, I should mention that is my forename too, hence the blog title!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannah_vet)
    lol that's my username!
    Well done on the Glasgow offer! Just saw your dig

Well lets use this blog for what it is meant for. . . Procrastinating :yep:

Here at the awesome **** vet us little first years are getting into exam mode. It's not easy to revise atm what with new examinable material still being taught, a lab book to be written up and revision. I don't know how people do it but they must have done to progress. I've decided to go under the thinking I will fail but I'm going to make a pretty good stab at revision lol Strange thinking but its working. I just don't want to be disappointed.

Dissections are interesting just now. I had graet fun the other day in the intestines of an dog following all the jejumum around! A group also found a dog with heart worms when we were doing the thorax! That was really interesting. Unfortunately we are onto the hind limb. I wasn't keen on the forelimb tbh so hopefully it will be better.

How is everyone else doing?

xx

ReputationRep:
    I think first year is largely about learning how to manage the workload xFuture_Vetx, I'm sure you'll get an idea of how to balance your time after the first set of exams!

I am exhausted, but it's my own fault for trying to do too much. Must concentrate on studying. I think I've finally relaxed a bit now I'm on the G&T course and really, relaxing is the last thing I need to be doing!

It's nearly Friday though, hurrah :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Finally got all our exam results back from the set of exams before christmas!!!

Anatomy:76%
    Animal Husbandry:64%
    Physiology:77%
    Biomolecular sciences:78%

Im really really happy with them, they got me a drink and everything (me and a friend had a little competition going on)

However so far this year I just cannot get into it. I managed to stay awake for the first 2 days of lectures and since then dont think I've managed one whole lecture without falling asleep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floob)

However so far this year I just cannot get into it. I managed to stay awake for the first 2 days of lectures and since then dont think I've managed one whole lecture without falling asleep.
    I know how you feel, im trying to study for a genetics exam at the moment, I have to answer 77 questions that might come up in the exam, each one i need a 10 minute verbal answer to and i just cant find the drive to do it! urgh! so far ive answered 5...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.