Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigercallie)
    I know how you feel, im trying to study for a genetics exam at the moment, I have to answer 77 questions that might come up in the exam, each one i need a 10 minute verbal answer to and i just cant find the drive to do it! urgh! so far ive answered 5...
    Do you know if they are the same ones we had? When I did it we had a load of answers going round that someone did years ago and they were reasonably good, at least as a starting point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahUVM)
    Do you know if they are the same ones we had? When I did it we had a load of answers going round that someone did years ago and they were reasonably good, at least as a starting point.
    I think they are cos perry was touting about some kind of answer book lol. Ive got something off the gmail that seems to answer them, but ive noticed a few of them are wrong, i can work it out, its just im sitting at my desk and all i want to do is wander away!!! or go on facebook, or watch tv, or generally do something that doesnt involve going back to uni just yet! :-) how are your exams going? x

ReputationRep:
    I think they are cos perry was touting about some kind of answer book lol. Ive got something off the gmail that seems to answer them, but ive noticed a few of them are wrong, i can work it out, its just im sitting at my desk and all i want to do is wander away!!! or go on facebook, or watch tv, or generally do something that doesnt involve going back to uni just yet! :-) how are your exams going? x
    Yeah genetics isn't a fun one that's for sure! I used the thing off gmail but corrected the ones that weren't right and added some bits and bobs and it was fine.
    I have done 4 exams now so only 3 to go. Unfortunately my last two are the worst two and I have been putting them off. Anatomy was great although I am suprised Slavka could understood me I talked so fast and I can't believe that it's all over and I never have it again! I did imaging diagnostics today and that went really well too. I got my favourite topic of hip dysplasia and a lovely xray of some crappy hips to waffle on about. My motivation is still OKish so thats good but I have a feeling it may start to drop substantially. I have always been bad at revising.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floob)
    Finally got all our exam results back from the set of exams before christmas!!!

Anatomy:76%
    Animal Husbandry:64%
    Physiology:77%
    Biomolecular sciences:78%

Im really really happy with them, they got me a drink and everything (me and a friend had a little competition going on)

However so far this year I just cannot get into it. I managed to stay awake for the first 2 days of lectures and since then dont think I've managed one whole lecture without falling asleep.
    Wow! They are amazing marks! I'll be lucky if I pass the thing! Its just a little strange at the moment. Not really sure what they are after since highers/AH's are different. I dare say since others of passed these I can too! Well. . . . Thats the hope! xx

ReputationRep:
    So very tired last week. Not so tired this week - this is a bonus! Starting to recap all the anatomy we've covered since the start of term and we've just moved from the head and cranial nerves to bacteriology. Timetabling of the G&T is curious.

How are things elsewhere in vetty world?

ReputationRep:
    5 exams down and 2 to go! anatomy, parasitology, pharmacy, imaging diagnostics and toxicology have all gone really well. unfortunately it's the worst 2 that are left and i am losing a lot of sleep over them even though it is a week until microbiology and then another week until nutrition. i want the exams to be over and to be back into lectures again!! we start surgery this semester. woo hoo

ReputationRep:
    Don't mean to burst your bubble but it doesn't get any better. Try Final Year and you'll really wonder why you wanted to be a vet...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    At least second years supposed to be the worst ay Hannah?!

ReputationRep:
    At least second years supposed to be the worst ay Hannah?!
    Well that's what they say. I know we only have 3 exams next christmas even though two are pretty hard ones so that sounds good to me.
    It's snowing really hard here today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    Don't mean to burst your bubble but it doesn't get any better. Try Final Year and you'll really wonder why you wanted to be a vet...:rolleyes:
    I understand 4th year is the real clincher here at the RVC. As far as I am aware about 1/4 (around 70 people) of the 4th years failed their exams this Christmas. That's quite a terrifying amount!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahUVM)
    Well that's what they say. I know we only have 3 exams next christmas even though two are pretty hard ones so that sounds good to me.
    It's snowing really hard here today
    hmmmm, i'd just decided not to pack my hiking boots cos theyre so heavy, but now i dont know whether to rethink that! I really don't have any practical snow-wear! hmmmm. When did it snow till last year? Do you think its worth it?

ReputationRep:
    Here in Vienna they have a really nasty trick with exams: we have to take 3 subjects at the same time. And if you fail one you fail them all (pass mark is 60%!) and have to retake

I had Immunology/General Pathology/Animal Breeding & Genetics on Tuesday......Immunology went really well, pathology was OK but genetics was rubbish.....if I have to retake just because of ****** genetics I will not be happy :-( Majority was short answer questions (including calculating inbreeding coefficients and gene frequencies) and I am so uninterested in genetics that I just wrote a lot of waffle!!! Oh well, we'll see.

Next exam is Virology/Parasitology/Bacteriology ;-) So that's not much to revise - yeah right

Good luck to everyone revising

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clair0511)
    Here in Vienna they have a really nasty trick with exams: we have to take 3 subjects at the same time. And if you fail one you fail them all (pass mark is 60%!) and have to retake

I had Immunology/General Pathology/Animal Breeding & Genetics on Tuesday......Immunology went really well, pathology was OK but genetics was rubbish.....if I have to retake just because of ****** genetics I will not be happy :-( Majority was short answer questions (including calculating inbreeding coefficients and gene frequencies) and I am so uninterested in genetics that I just wrote a lot of waffle!!! Oh well, we'll see.

Next exam is Virology/Parasitology/Bacteriology ;-) So that's not much to revise - yeah right

Good luck to everyone revising
    Ahhhh im revising for genetics right now, I feel your pain! Urgh i really think genetics is the most boring subject ever. Im so un-mathsy, and generally its just a total snorefest!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eurasianfeline)
    I think its a case just now of me knowing what I'm up against then even if I fail I'll know Atm I feel like I'm just waffling through. . .

xxx

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm, i'd just decided not to pack my hiking boots cos theyre so heavy, but now i dont know whether to rethink that! I really don't have any practical snow-wear! hmmmm. When did it snow till last year? Do you think its worth it?
    I didnt come back until half way through february last year and i think we might still have had a week or so of snow so it might be useful to bring them, but not the end f the world if you dont.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh im revising for genetics right now, I feel your pain! Urgh i really think genetics is the most boring subject ever. Im so un-mathsy, and generally its just a total snorefest!
    We had two lecturers for genetics - one for molecular stuff and one for animal breeding. The molecular guy asked us questions the whole time and nobody ever had any clue what he wanted to hear :eek: No matter what answer you gave, he'd always be "no, you're thinking way too complicated" or something equally bizarre (as he never wanted a simple answer!!). Animal breeding lecturer was much more interesting as she is an expert on dog breeding, so told us lots about all the problems with the various breeds and even gave us the Youtube link to "Pedigree Dogs Exposed" But she also did all the maths stuff and unfortunately that's the stuff they examine us on, not what kind of genetic disorder cavalier king charles spaniels suffer from!

Oh well, I won't get the results for 2 weeks so I suppose there's no point worrying now......it's just really annoying to know that I could probably get an A in immunology but everything will be dragged down by my genetics grade (if I even pass it!)

Good luck with yours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xFuture_Vetx)
    I think its a case just now of me knowing what I'm up against then even if I fail I'll know Atm I feel like I'm just waffling through. . .

xxx
    Trust me. By nothing changes. You would still feel like you know nothing in final year. Welcome to vet school :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asako)
    I understand 4th year is the real clincher here at the RVC. As far as I am aware about 1/4 (around 70 people) of the 4th years failed their exams this Christmas. That's quite a terrifying amount!
    As far as I know, here 4th year is the worst, and it was actually almost a third of the year that failed, awful pass rate! The worst bit is appraently at the de-brief they just told them all they hadn't worked hard enough, they needed to pass the resits and if they don't thats it you're out!
    I knwo that they were the hardest exams I've done at the RVC so far, and i only have finals left now.

ReputationRep:
    At Bristol, 2nd year is the hardest pre-clinical year, whereas 4th year is apparently the hardest clinical year. Not sure on pass rates, but this year in anatomy and parasitology I think about 1/2 the year failed in january exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by batty_hatty)
    I knwo that they were the hardest exams I've done at the RVC so far, and i only have finals left now.
    *Frantically bites fingernails to stumps*

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.