Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Man, you do your exams late. We finished ours in January. Currently on tenterhooks, waiting for results. Am terrified, to be honest!

ReputationRep:
    Yes we do. Finished modual 1 now though :woo: We do cells and anatomy at the same time so we've got nearly 100 lectures plus all the practicals so it takes its time :yep: One more!!! Just a cell bio oral for me today then I'm done Then its our wait for results :eek: I think we get ours back in a couple of weeks as well. . .

I'm sure you've done well emilyyy!!!

xxx

ReputationRep:
    Added a blog entry about our ISF exam on Friday. Managed to get 10/10 and 8or9/10 so quite chuffed!

ReputationRep:
    Haven't posted here for a while, but I thought I'd make a return, make sure Glasgow is getting the representation it deserves! quick summary of second year so far, for me kinda boring, lots to learn and most of it dry, but the glimmer of hope on the horizon of it getting better in coming years, and well its 1.30am and I'm studying the inner ear, I have an unfortuanate habit of insomnia, so I figure if I'm awake I'll study! eurgh. but it is getting a little chilly so think I might go hop in bed and read my book. Other than that loving uni, dead dogs are far too normal, for to often does the conversation turn to lambing, ITS BLOODY FREEZING IN GLASGOW, where is the damn spring, don't they know there are cold students in draughty flats here? lol.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya! Well we had the results of our exams recently LDVet, Sologirl and me all passed :woo:

We're into module 2 now which is a little more exciting We've had basic pathology, half way through bacteriology and immunolgy atm. I quite like it Oh and I'm being alot more diligent this term as well!!! No more sitting around doing nothing. . . . No more dead dog either which makes a nice change Instead we get to streak out salmonella and e.coli onto blood agar :tongue: I have to say once you've done it once, it gets a little wearing after what feels like ages!

xxxx

ReputationRep:
    revision revison exam revision. antomy exam today, wasn't too bad but could have gone a lot better, essays were better than the short answer questions. just really want the holidays so I can take the deep breath before the plunge! anatomy practical tomorrow and physiology oral and wendesday!! =O

ReputationRep:
    First day of rotations today! Very scary as we were all thrown into our small animal hospital with absolutely no idea of what to expect. I'm on one of the easiest modules, dermatology, so no 8pm rounds or out-of-hours for me! (until next week where we do emergency and critical care shifts of either noon to midnight or 4pm to 4am!)
    They're calling us "final year students" as we've passed our fourth year exams already.. even though we're technically still fourth years... slightly shocked we only have just over a year left!!!
    But tis lovely to finally feel like a mini vet!

ReputationRep:
    My first day of rotations too, but unlike Helen I'm on busy Small Animal Surgery, the Soft Tissue section and we have lots of out of hours and 8pm checks On the plus side though at least I'm getting it out of the way.

Its great being a 'final year' if only because we graduate next year yay!

ReputationRep:
    Practical anatomy exam today, so many penises. and testicles. and random hisological, sections of random things. Look at this xray, is the animal pregnant? well the damn thing is so underexposed its hard to say what species it is let along its reproductive state!! overall not a happy hour and a half! think I passed but not comfortably. we shall see.

ReputationRep:
    Mean while. . . At the **** Vet first years had bacteriology and lambing! We had the lambing simulators out which was actually nothing like the real thing but fun all the same. Very wierd smelling as well. . . xxx

ReputationRep:
    ach lol for lambing simulators and last years frozen dead lambs!

ReputationRep:
    Haha yes lol We had one with tags in its ears - "Right there's the tags. . . Must be the head. . ." Unrealistic much! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xFuture_Vetx)
    Haha yes lol We had one with tags in its ears - "Right there's the tags. . . Must be the head. . ." Unrealistic much! xxx
    i did one with a goat kid, it was like "theres the horns so thats the head... wait... why are there horns?!?"
    and one the lamb still had the umbilical cord and some crap on the end so you pulled it out then that swung out and you got splattered with the liquid. was good fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annaconda)
    i did one with a goat kid, it was like "theres the horns so thats the head... wait... why are there horns?!?"
    and one the lamb still had the umbilical cord and some crap on the end so you pulled it out then that swung out and you got splattered with the liquid. was good fun.
    Yeah there was another with some of its cord left. It had its slippers as well so presumably still born. Blackies have horns remember, so technically you can get lambs with horns. They give extra grip as well which is always good :yep: Well I find that. there was water everywhere from the box lol Luke warm as well which was kind of creepy. . . . xxxx

ReputationRep:
    did you guys have sheep pelvises in your boxes? loads of ours were rather cracked with flappy sacrums! and nothing beats getting soaked in luke warm dead lamb juice!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah we had pelvises in them. Our sacrums were pretty well fused on as well xxx

ReputationRep:
    I'm on dairy placement at the moment. Will blog about it presently. Had a 20hour day today though, so going to bed now!!

ReputationRep:
    Afternoon of counting Strongyloides papillosus in a poo sample only to be greeted with horror when we told the teacher our results which were off the scale in terms of infection density. We were counting seeds not Strongylus eggs. Doh!

ReputationRep:
    off home for easter lambing the middle two weeks, but its back to no internet so see you guys in a month!

ReputationRep:
    Lambing. Exhausted! Updated my bloglet.

You can also see my personal blog @ http://annulet.blogspot.com

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.