Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ive said it before, but reading this gets me well excited for next year

ReputationRep:
    well this week has been exams and revision, then all goes quiet over christmas

ReputationRep:
    having read some of Bex's stuff I'd like to make a few comments about the workload at glasgow in first year.
    Uhmmm my motto: Play hard!

I don't actually seem to be doing any work and I'm even starting to scare myself with it. Lectures are forgotten about as they finish, reading the notes is only done if i miss them or fall asleep during lectures.
    On the plus side I pride myself on being good at getting in for 9 o'clock lectures even after a night out. I might be dying but i will make it to the lecture! However I find it very difficult to get up for a 10 o'clock start and have slept in a few times.

Going out varies and is dependent on money/time and other people wanting out too. I'd say I go out 2/3 times a week, sometimes less sometimes more.

Take the past week and a half. Exams coming up, people starting to get stressed etc. I decide to go out on tuesday for a couple of drinks with a friend... somehow ended up talking for far too long afterwards... got to bed at 4am. Luckily we had the wednesday off to recover. Am good for the rest of the week until friday. Go out with vet friends to a pyjama party at one of our SUs, get very drunk. Pass out on friends bed whilst attempting to watch a dvd.
    Saturday: absolute hell, but as we had a birthday to celebrate lots of preparation to do. Baked a nice big cake, no revision. Out that night, good night and crashed on someones floor.
    Sunday, hmm exams start on tuesday. Options revise or sleep. Sleep and recovering was obviously chosen.
    Monday actually did work for a change and discovered how to use the main uni library.
    Tuesday: physiology exam, come out hysterical, go for a pint at 11.30 am and then attempt to go to the library. Basically waste an entire day doing nothing even getting told off by my non vet flatmates who all reckon i shoudl be working. at 9 o clock decide that going out would be more productive so drag a friend to the pub, had a good night and didn't get too drunk. Back home at 1am, talk to flatmate for a bit then fell asleep.
    Wednesday: animal husbandry exam, decide that going out the night before an exam is not a good idea, fail the exam miserably and head home to 'revise biomolec'
    Now on TSR and away to go to tescos for a shop.

I should really get my act together :rolleyes:
    The scary thing is, its not even like I've never been away from home before and have never been made to work by my parents, so why can't I revise???

ReputationRep:
    How have your exams gone then so far, and is the above week and example of what most of your weeks have been like, or have they been more tame/extreme?

ReputationRep:
    lol, floob never change

anatomy
    physiology :eek:
    aniamal husbandry

still to come biomolec but i predict
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    How have your exams gone then so far, and is the above week and example of what most of your weeks have been like, or have they been more tame/extreme?
    Hehe, I'm going to forget all about our exams.
    anatomy
    physiology :eek:
    animal husbandry :confused:
    biomolec i predict:eek3: :eek: :eek3:

Well most weeks involve a larger amount of lectures and less work (and thats saying something considering the amount i did last week)
    Going out wise probably what most weeks have been like. Although every week is different in terms of going out. on the 19th november we had a vet pubcrawl with the **** vets for **** day which was a great laugh. Also do a good old subcrawl now and again (15 bars, one at each station of the glasgow subway). Starting to stay in more and get drunk/ watch films with friends. Would say I'm not getting nearly enough sleep, but such is life

ps bex when I fail all these exams i might be forced to change. oh and hope you're ready for a big piss up on thursday night (hehe anatomy is going to be hilarious on friday)

ReputationRep:
    yup, we reckon aislings gunna throwup then sorcha faceplant, you fall asleep and me fall over all of you whilst running to the bone room.

ReputationRep:
    I have a Clinical Skills exam not this fri, but next. A short MCQ. And then a practical CS exam that next monday.

I am really enjoying this stuff, but as always, quite a bit to learn.

One of the lectures today was about Equine Anaesthesia. The lecturer was telling us how, in cardiac arrest during surgery, you jump onto the horse, landing on your knees on the horses thorax, to keep the heart beating, as often as you can! lol. She said she had done it for 20 minutes once to keep a horse alive before her colluege (sp?) could get norepinephrine. Imprssive, I thought.

ReputationRep:
    god can you imagine the owners face if they saw that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Bex_x)
    god can you imagine the owners face if they saw that!
    Tis true. Saved its life though.

Where abouts in the lakes are you from?

ReputationRep:
    south lakes near windermere, that is all I'm gunna say :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    south lakes near windermere, that is all I'm gunna say :ninja:
    OK. Whats with the secrecy? Are you the South-Lakes-near-Windermere serial killer?!

I lived in Kendal for 5 years I have family scattered around the lakes.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh coolies, I'm just paranoid you know, never give out personal details over the internet, blah blah blah, but yes I know the area well
    I really miss it living in glasgow, but home next thursday!

ReputationRep:
    ahhh coolies, I'm just paranoid you know, never give out personal details over the internet, blah blah blah, but yes I know the area well
    I really miss it living in glasgow, but home next thursday!
    Ahhh, fair do's. I'll restrain, if I possibly can, from finding you and raping you.

I had to move away from it cos of my CF. Weather there wasn't good for my health, being all damp and things.

I cant wait for xmas hols now... only 1.5 weeks away now! AND, I am off to paris for a few days, which should be aweeeeeeeeesome.

ReputationRep:
    yes dampness does happen a lot in the lake district....

ReputationRep:
    1.5 weeks! not fair. dont finish till the 19th dec here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_E_N_N_Y)
    1.5 weeks! not fair. dont finish till the 19th dec here.
    N'aww. We have our practical exam on either 15/16/17th, and finish after that. Mine is 10am on the 15th! Get in.

ReputationRep:
    we finish on the 12th December!!!!
    and no revision over christmas. YAY
    (we do start back on the 5th january which is the week before everyone else, even at our main uni... flat to myself for a week)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Floob)
    we finish on the 12th December!!!!
    and no revision over christmas. YAY
    (we do start back on the 5th january which is the week before everyone else, even at our main uni... flat to myself for a week)
    Aww, thats even better than me. We stat back that same day too, though.

ReputationRep:
    we finish whenever we want to from the 15th onewards. We get to choose when to take our exams at this time of year. I am trying to cram all of mine in finishing on the 19th and then I get from then until February 16th off!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2012
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.