Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahUVM)
    and then I get from then until February 16th off!!
    :eek4:
    I want that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hel' in Heaven)
    :eek4:
    I want that!
    I thought that too! We dont get that

ReputationRep:
    ah but we started a couple of weeks earlier than you would have done. our terms are 13 weeks. but we only ever have to do a max of about 2 or 3 weeks EMS a year so our holidays are our own.

ReputationRep:
    I thought everyone had to do 12 weeks in first two years, as set by the royal college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Transatlanticdrawl_)
    I thought everyone had to do 12 weeks in first two years, as set by the royal college?
    Same here?

We're doing 26 weeks in years 3/4 here.

ReputationRep:
    we arent in england so i guess that makes it different
    and we do a lot within the term and i think thats why we are allowed to do less

ReputationRep:
    did a heart dissection today. well i say heart, we were given the heart lungs, trachea, osophogas (sp), diaphragm and liver all still attached but we were mainly looking at the heart, we just cut everything else away, from the diaphragm cause the some of the main vessels run though it or something. O and it was from a pig. After dissecting the heart its possible to wear it like a glove as i disscovered O and rings can be made from the trachea.
    On a completely different note...Im running 5K in a santa suit on sunday in the liverpool santa dash and going from completing that to a play a footy match. im gonna be knackered!
    I cant believe its almost the end of the first term! its all gone so quick! Not realy got that many leatures and stuff left now. just had 2 cannceled for monday so next week is looking very empty. Only 2 9 o clock starts! and lots of gaps for catching up on sleep, which are bound to be needed as lots of birthdays and meals and parties coming up in the last few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    in glasgow on dissection friday, about 1/3 of the class turned up for 9am lecture, lets just say there was some end of exam celebrations going on last night.... then continuation of hindlimb dissection, down from the tarsus (hock) through the pes (foot) a few more made it to 1.30 lecture and pretty much no-one stayed for long in the 2.30 dissection.
    Oh and I got my anatomy exam result back, 86%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J_E_N_N_Y)
    did a heart dissection today. well i say heart, we were given the heart lungs, trachea, osophogas (sp), .
    I think they call it teh pluck :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    86% thats amazing! is your pass mark 50%?

ReputationRep:
    yep, was the highest mark in the class :eek:
    I Love anatomy, its my favourite of all four subjects,

I think they call it teh pluck
    yesh me thinks so too

ReputationRep:
    hehe that dissection was soo funny!!! 'Lets appreciate the pes shall we? Ok done'

Me and Kev still ever so slightly drunk neither of us having had a lot of sleep. Thank god we let you do all the actual dissection because things could've got extremely messy and I would most likely be missing a few digits.
    oh yeah and well done on the anatomy bex, you clever cookie :hugs:
    I'm still pretty damn pleased with my 82%.
    At least I've passed 1 now, might not be so lucky with the other 3

ReputationRep:
    sesamoid? check! ligaments? check! joint? check! done! :vroam:

ReputationRep:
    had kennel duty today, the uni has four blood donor greyhounds that during the week are looked after by staff but over the weekend each first year student has to take a turn once a year to walk clean feed medicate brush teeth groom etc etc. meant a 7am alarm (+ out last night = PAIN) then had 35min to walk to vet school, because no buses = cold, also was patches of sheet black ice = fun then do jobs, lunch jobs and back, now I really want sleep....
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ReputationRep:
    i had a 7am alarm as well today! but thats cause i was running 5k in the liverpool santa dash and i had to go and make sure my mate at greenbank got up in time since she had her rowing xmas ball last night. completed in 29mins. didnt stop at all. we beat this 6ft 7 rower who is normaly way ahead in the running training the rowers do! he did it in 36mins but he reckons he was sight seeing...pffttt whatever! then went and had a massive cooked breakfast! my footie match was canceled due to frost which is a rubbish reason to cancel!

ReputationRep:
    spent the entire weekend attempting to learn every muscle and ligament in the body for a test tomorrow. really should have been doing this as i was going along but had more fun stuff to do and as a consequence have had to do it all in 2 day. 10am-8pm on saturday and 9.30am-8.30pm today and i still don't feel confident. if i get through the written i have the joy of an oral on a dissected sheep of unknown quality (hopefully nicely done and not too smelly). i actually now feel sick i'm so nervous.

ReputationRep:
    hmmm nausea + dubious dissection + exam stress = bad combination, you have my sympathy, good luck!

ReputationRep:
    thanks Bex.
    my main problem is that I got 100% in the last test so they expect me to do well and i think i will come crashing back down to earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HannahUVM)
    thanks Bex.
    my main problem is that I got 100% in the last test so they expect me to do well and i think i will come crashing back down to earth.
    haha how can "problem" and "100%" even exist in the same sentence?!!!!
    good luck! (says the girls who should be learning anaesthetics for her exam on Friday...:p: )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hel' in Heaven)
    (says the girls who should be learning anaesthetics for her exam on Friday...:p: )
    Yes, yes you should :p: (as should I....)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.