Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    most are on the main campus but i know one guy whos a first year vet from vetsim, and my notts interview and avs. Lee middleton.

mini blog of today: got up went into school to give my mate her bday cake i had made, was quite a good cake if i do say myself.
    went to tesco and bought some peppers, beansprouts and spring onions.
    came home cooked some thing with the stuff id just bought + tuna, cream cheese and herbby stuff.
    came on here, now about to go start revising. joy.
    current ratio of facebook:eating:work 2:1:0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Bex_x)
    mini blog of today
    -neuroanatomy lecture, terrifieing, german lecturer who talked incredibaly fast, cramming huge volumes of totally new information into a very short time, left feeling dazed and confused and slightly traumatised....
    -introduction to Self Directed Learing Assignment (SDLA) on FIV and FeLV
    -came back gunna eat, nap, work

oh and got animal husbadry exam result woo pass!
    pretty much that for me as well except 4% less for the animal husbandry exam. I have so far got 4% less in every single exam, physiology is up tomorrow and we can test that theory out properly

today: confusing neuroanatomy and a double lecture on lipid metabolism
    Lipid metabolism was in a new building, projector wasnt working so we were all moved to a room with a bunch of chairs for our 'lecture theatre'. Extremely boring lecture but due to the chairs being very uncomfortable sleeping was not possible. Second part of the lecture back where we were meant to be, half the class mysteriously disappeared and i really dont blame them

will find out tomorrow whether all exams have been passed (passed all so far)

ReputationRep:
    half the class mysteriously disappeared
    sorry chuck went to find loos, found exit instead....

ReputationRep:
    Very mini blog of today: we learnt about teeth.

ReputationRep:
    anatomy friday again, very long day,very tired need sleep, passed exam woop, 53% for physiology

ReputationRep:
    50% to pass yeah? but you relieved with that.
    Ergh i dont wanna do exams. 50% in everyone will do me fine.

edit: did floob get 4% less?

ReputationRep:
    nope the jammy begger went and got 72% :eek: she destroyed the pattern! and yeah the pass is 50% tbh coming out of the exam i knew it was gunna be a skin of the teeth jobby! those extra three percent were bonuses!!!!! but theres no rest for the wicked back to revision for hind limb exam on friday! at least they cocked up the booking of exam hall and the written paper has been moved untill the 22nd eugh need sleep but ate too many skittles and am high on E numbers!

ReputationRep:
    you have many exams all over the place. i have 4 over 2 weeks now. and 4 over 3 weeks in may.

ReputationRep:
    yes many and scattered, tis pain in the ********

ReputationRep:
    4 over 3 weeks in may.
    :eek: In our summer exams we have 9 exams in one week!!!! 3 exams on one day is soooooo not fun!

ReputationRep:
    There are so many exams! I think I might have very high blood pressure for the next 5 years!

x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, me too. But on the other hand, how I long for the day where I can stress about failing my anatomy exam, you people are so lucky

ReputationRep:
    and you will be here come sept so like 8 months. then you can come and fail as many exams as you like.

or not cause you dont wanna be chucked of the course but failing a few doesnt matter to much just retake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_Bex_x)
    nope the jammy begger went and got 72% :eek: she destroyed the pattern!
    sorry bex *hangs head in shame*
    very happy to have all those exams passed to be honest.
    anatomy: 82%
    biomolec: 63%
    animal husbandry:72%
    physiology:72%

So proof that animal husbandry is passable, even if you do very little revision and go out for drinks the night before. Not that I recommend drinking the night before an exam of course

ReputationRep:
    well today and yesterday, monday, very tired from interesting weekend, so lectures dmn near killed me, 4 hours staight from 9am with no break, then 1.5hour for lunch and another two hours this time on the pet bond and euthanasia, which really made you think... then today, had horse aging through dentition lecture, which was quite interesting, then environment and housing which was dire, air movement through barns and different types of air gaps, so many different types of air gap, jeez, and will be revising this afternoon.... thrilling!

ReputationRep:
    lol ive got my husbandry exam on thursday which inculdes all the stuff about air movement blah blah blah and soil and feeding. multiple choice though.

ReputationRep:
    righty, this morning had a nueroanatomy lecture, all about the cerebellum and brain stem, which was interesting but uber complex! this was at the main university building, then headed back up to the vet school for my SDLA meeting, our group is studying the diganostic tests for feline retroviruses so FIV and FeLV, then spent some time revising the bones and radiographs we are going to be examined on on friday afternoon. ooh jenny good luck for tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    you have so many exams. So glad when this exam is done. its so random. In previous years they have asked you to recall random various facts that tbh you wouldnt want to know and if you did need to know you would look up. but not the kinda thing you keep in your head all the time. late night tonight. early morning tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    no ******* fair. currently 340am. exam tomorrow. having got to sleep at 2 cause of some ***** above me im woken up 20mins ago by some drunk ******* on my floor going to the kitchen to eat takeaway having jsut come back in. i swear they have no ******* respect. Ive been out, said it nicely to stupid up and said it nastily, like they have listened. I swear im sleeping on a mates floor every night before exams now. There halls are peaceful in comparision to this ****. This place had been perfect for working in etc until tonight, when i have an exam the next day and eveyone decides to get noisy again. *******.

ReputationRep:
    I feel your pain, in fact I've had the same problem, people coming back from a gig pished thrn having the munchies and being so ******* loud in the kitchen next to me that it would wake the dead. do you have ear plugs, they are a life saver I promise, anyhoo hope your exam goes well,
    x

its just an idea but i try to get some excersise the day befor coz it helps to relax me and means that I'm really tired when i go to bed and I find it easier to get to sleep, rather than sitting at a desk all day getting more and more tense --> not sleeping

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 3, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.