The Student Room Group

How do i approach a girl at her workplace??

Saw this girl while i was at an appointment at the vets.
I have to go back next week.
I'm not afraid of approaching girls or anything but just wondering how you could approach someone in such a closed space area???
can't exactly just walk up to her and ask for her number without looking like a terrorist

Scroll to see replies

Honestly I’d just walk up to her and ask her out. Worst case she says no- but imagine if she says yes! It doesn’t matter that she’s at work- if anything her colleagues will be jealous! Go for it!
Never ever approach a girl at her workplace.
It will only make you look desperate or like a creepy wannabe pua.
You don't. In today's world that's creepy and unacceptable. You will 100% get rejected and it's not worth the risk. You don't approach anyone at their workplace let alone ask for numbers. Let this one go and forget about it.
Original post by Anonymous
You don't. In today's world that's creepy and unacceptable. You will 100% get rejected and it's not worth the risk. You don't approach anyone at their workplace let alone ask for numbers. Let this one go and forget about it.

PRSOM

yeah i was thinking the same. i can't find a way where it isn't a bit creepy.
Though i disagree with the generalisation of all workplaces. I think its quite acceptable in like a store. I've been approached many times when working in a shoe store and didn't find it at all creepy. I've also seen relationships form when people have approached others in a open area style workplace.
Just depends on the environment.
i guess the best i can do is smile at her and show interest and hope to see her outside her job
Leave her alone.
You go up to her, stammer when you say you think she's fit, then beg her not to file a restraining order.
i guess the best i can do is smile at her and show interest and hope to see her outside her job

Just be careful not to show any stalky behaviour, even if you get to see her outside her job, you can try cold approaching and asking her out but if she says no then she says no.

Going to someone's workplace is number one red flag for stalky behaviour, so definitely try to avoid that.
can't lie some of you are weird.
asking a girl for her socials or number is pretty normal thing to do.
im not stalking her or acting really weird.
Its just the setting isn't ideal to approach her and make conversation.
Just be careful not to show any stalky behaviour, even if you get to see her outside her job, you can try cold approaching and asking her out but if she says no then she says no.

Going to someone's workplace is number one red flag for stalky behaviour, so definitely try to avoid that.

relax i had an appointment at the vets. i have to go again. im not gonna change vets cause i saw a pretty girl
you lots first impression is i must be some sort of pervert. mad
just like any normal day i saw a pretty girl and wanted to approach her.
but this time its not that easy
can't lie some of you are weird.
asking a girl for her socials or number is pretty normal thing to do.
im not stalking her or acting really weird.
Its just the setting isn't ideal to approach her and make conversation.

It is normal, but it depends on the circumstances and the number one thing here is that she doesn't know you. When she doesn't know you, she is unlikely to respond to you positively. Cold approaching never works because it makes you seem like you're desperate and creepy. That's just how it is. It just scares people. Fair enough if you already had a conversation with this girl or if you are acquaintances but from your first post I get the idea that the girl does not know you and well my dude sorry to say but cold approaching does not work and also the girl is there to do her job so she probably does not want to be approached anyway.
It is normal, but it depends on the circumstances and the number one thing here is that she doesn't know you. When she doesn't know you, she is unlikely to respond to you positively. Cold approaching never works because it makes you seem like you're desperate and creepy. That's just how it is. It just scares people. Fair enough if you already had a conversation with this girl or if you are acquaintances but from your first post I get the idea that the girl does not know you and well my dude sorry to say but cold approaching does not work and also the girl is there to do her job so she probably does not want to be approached anyway.

agreed. cold approach rarely ever works. And would be very difficult to strike a conversation and build rapport with her before asking her any contact information. thought someone would have a good idea but looks bleak.
for anyone who is afraid dw i will leave her alone
sad times
Saw this girl while i was at an appointment at the vets.
I have to go back next week.
I'm not afraid of approaching girls or anything but just wondering how you could approach someone in such a closed space area???
can't exactly just walk up to her and ask for her number without looking like a terrorist

Im gonna give you on the dot a plan
1-walk up to her
2-ask how she is
3-dont sit down but lean somewhere if u can
3-ask what she up to
4-talk about what she doing play around with it too
5- now sit down if you can or chill close
5- talk about something about you anything that happened did u go somewhere this pastweek whatever
6- ask if she been up to anything
7- ask her whats your number say u wnna talk to her more if she asks why say u feel chemistry
8- finish off the convo previously
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 098ygbji9yg
Im gonna give you on the dot a plan
1-walk up to her
2-ask how she is
3-dont sit down but lean somewhere if u can
3-ask what she up to
4-talk about what she doing play around with it too
5- now sit down if you can or chill close
5- talk about something about you anything that happened did u go somewhere this pastweek whatever
6- ask if she been up to anything
7- ask her whats your number say u wnna talk to her more if she asks why say u feel chemistry
8- finish off the convo previously

9- get asked to leave cause this is a veterinary centre, not a bar.

rather not be known as that guy who did this when i pick up prescriptions for my pets
dumb idea appreciate the effort
Reply 18
It’s bad form to ask someone out at their work if you’ve no idea if they are remotely interested. The best you can do is try to flirt a bit and see if there’s any reciprocation.
(edited 1 year ago)
no its not dumb, if you like her you should try atleast. shes not gonna come to you anyway
Like i dont get why people are against this how else do people even meet if talking to people is considered weird or creepy, do they not know how real life works when your out of school its alot different.

I thought you two were in a office together so id say just keep the convo rlly short and ask in the first few steps the next time you see her for an appointment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending