Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    Tesco, because I'm a cheapskate. And yes I know Tesco is the spawn of the devil :p:
    Hey!! Tesco aint 4 cheapskates! Bein 1 my self I would know.. Asda would b more 'cheapskater' but if u wanna go to even further u could try Aldi or Liddel (how'd u spell that?) or if ur really lookin after ur pennies, u could always try the 'ulitmate' 'cheap crap' store: HYPERVALUE... :idea:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bOdOING2)
    Hey!! Tesco aint 4 cheapskates! Bein 1 my self I would know.. Asda would b more 'cheapskater' but if u wanna go to even further u could try Aldi or Liddel (how'd u spell that?) or if ur really lookin after ur pennies, u could always try the 'ulitmate' 'cheap crap' store: HYPERVALUE... :idea:
    Aldi - they do good offers for consumer goods on Thursdays
    Lidl - Just no...
    HYPERVALUE???? whaaaat the fudge is that!!??

ReputationRep:
    I go to Aldi each week cause it's really close to uni . Weekly shop is so cheap. Veggies are as well, compared to sainsbury's or even the market.

ReputationRep:
    I prefer those cheap ones meself like Lidl or Aldi. Sometimes when I am hungry and there is one nearby I pop in with a pound and get a trolley full. Seriously good value for money man!! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I go to Aldi each week cause it's really close to uni . Weekly shop is so cheap. Veggies are as well, compared to sainsbury's or even the market.
    Aldi is so naff you have to buy carrier bags! I find that hilarious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Vlad)
    Lidl - Just no...
    HYPERVALUE???? whaaaat the fudge is that!!??
    Hypervalue is sommat we seem to have only in wales, ridiculusly cheap, pepsi = bout 8p per can, crisps bout 5p, etc etc, but beware, always look at the sell by dates, cos 1/2 of them seem to have gone off!!

Btw: Wots wrong with Lidl??

ReputationRep:
    Lidl do 'energy drinks' for 29p a can...it's just redbull in a different can...

ReputationRep:
    Hypervalue is sommat we seem to have only in wales, ridiculusly cheap, pepsi = bout 8p per can, crisps bout 5p, etc etc, but beware, always look at the sell by dates, cos 1/2 of them seem to have gone off!!

Btw: Wots wrong with Lidl??
    Crikey! :eek: I FORGOT HOME BARGAINS! That shop ROCKS!

Lidl smells like... literally

ReputationRep:
    Aldi is so naff you have to buy carrier bags! I find that hilarious.
    I take my backpack and two sturdy bags (from sainsbury's, but only because they're big and strong - not because I'm being pretentious!)

ReputationRep:
    I take my backpack and two sturdy bags (from sainsbury's, but only because they're big and strong - not because I'm being pretentious!)
    Cool. For a lot of generic goods like cheese and stuff Aldi admittedly is excellent. However other goods like fruit and veg, i'd be a bit concerned about the quality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afireinside©)
    I prefer those cheap ones meself like Lidl or Aldi. Sometimes when I am hungry and there is one nearby I pop in with a pound and get a trolley full. Seriously good value for money man!! :cool:
    It seems to cost more for the bags then it does the actual products when you go there.

My mate gave me a scotch egg from Lidl before. I bit into it and chipped my tooth. The sausage meat, or whatever it is around the egg, was frozen solid. Stupid german produce. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Cool. For a lot of generic goods like cheese and stuff Aldi admittedly is excellent. However other goods like fruit and veg, i'd be a bit concerned about the quality.
    29p for an enormous bag of carrots? 39p for brocolli, 79p for three peppers... and they all taste fine to me. I need to eat my veggies, but they're so expensive everywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    29p for an enormous bag of carrots? 39p for brocolli, 79p for three peppers... and they all taste fine to me. I need to eat my veggies, but they're so expensive everywhere else.

Wow... g8 memory! It's disturbing tho... that u remember the price of brocolli... does that mean u actually enjoy it??! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Wow... g8 memory! It's disturbing tho... that u remember the price of brocolli... does that mean u actually enjoy it??! :eek:
    Broccoli is a tasty vegatable.

ReputationRep:
    Broccoli is a tasty vegatable.

is it fook!

ReputationRep:
    yes, but it goes off in about 2 days so if I forget to eat it quickly it goes off :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    is it fook!
    It's nay that bad!

ReputationRep:
    It's nay that bad!
    oh it is...perhaps not quite the level of sprouts or celery...but it's still not good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Babyshambles)
    oh it is...perhaps not quite the level of sprouts or celery...but it's still not good!
    sprouts are okay! Celery ain't too tasty, but most veggies are ok! It's all vitamins!
    < Sprout with Teeth
    :mad: < Angry Tomato
    :tee: < Two Peas
    :love: < Juicy Tomato
    :cheeky:< Radioactive Pea
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Tesco, because they do fish fingers

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 24, 2005
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.