The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

juno_the
Tesco, because they do fish fingers

Everywhere does Fish Fingers.
juno_the
Tesco, because they do fish fingers

dont pretty much everywhere do fish fingers?
Babyshambles
dont pretty much everywhere do fish fingers?

My sentiments exactly Sir.. :biggrin:
Reply 43
afireinside©
Everywhere does Fish Fingers.

Not gluten free ones :mad:
juno_the
Not gluten free ones :mad:

Ah, it's all out in the open now then isn't it!
Reply 45
Morrisons, its brilliantly cheap, and still nice stuff. Plus, the bus stops right outside the entrance, so its dead handy.

If one of my housemates is driving, we often go to the out of town Tesco's, as its still good value and the food is good (and you avoid having to go to through the city centre to get to Morrisons).
Well where I live in Australia it would be more like:

Coles vs Woolworths/Safeway!

I say coles, my housemates usually shop there, plus my little sister works there atm. Coles also has a couple of one-ups, with the whole 'Flybuys' scheme :cool:
I'm offended, there should've been an option for 'don't live in the UK' :biggrin: Just jks, I know most people on here do live there :smile:
Reply 48
I would choose sainsburys
Reply 49
Mad Vlad
Asda dont have BOGOF or special offers. :cool:

Oh yes they do :smile:
Reply 50
None of those.

I shop in Marks and Spencer*.

* in my dreams!
Reply 51
Fluffy
None of those.

I shop in Waitrose.

Oooo get you! :p:
Reply 52
Sarky
Oooo get you! :p:

What's wrong with that?

Waitrose are infinitely better than the others mentioned. They actually sell fresh food - you can do a weekly shop and know that meat dated for 7 days time will actually last 7 days! Unlike Tesco and Sainsburys where by day 3 of 7 stuff is usually beginning to minge the big one!

Also if you use delivery services, Tesco and Sainsburys ALWAYS send you short dated products, without fail. I lost count of the number of times I had to phone them to point out that there's no way I could east 5 meals within the next 24 hours! Waitrose don't do this.

They might seem to be a little bit more expensive, but in real terms they're a lot cheaper...
Reply 53
Fluffy
What's wrong with that?

Waitrose are infinitely better than the others mentioned. They actually sell fresh food - you can do a weekly shop and know that meat dated for 7 days time will actually last 7 days! Unlike Tesco and Sainsburys where by day 3 of 7 stuff is usually beginning to minge the big one!

Also if you use delivery services, Tesco and Sainsburys ALWAYS send you short dated products, without fail. I lost count of the number of times I had to phone them to point out that there's no way I could east 5 meals within the next 24 hours! Waitrose don't do this.

They might seem to be a little bit more expensive, but in real terms they're a lot cheaper...

In real terms for me, Waitrose is expensive. I don't doubt the food quality is better, to an extent you get what you pay for. But i can't afford it, simple as that.

It wasn't meant to be serious, the smiley indicated i was joking.
Reply 54
I would shop at Morrisons, Tesco and ASDA. I currently shop at Quality Save, Morssons/Safeway as they are both in walking distance to me. My nearest ASDA is in Hulme so is far too walk. My nearest Tesco is Stretford so again to far to walk. I do often to go to Tesco Metro in the city centre though.

I also shop at the Unicorn grocery so I can conform to be a hippy trendy. (a localy ownded supermarket that sells organic stuff)
Reply 55
morrisions- my mums obseesed with morrisions coz the things there are sooo cheaper comparing to other supermarkets!
Reply 56
Waitrose is quite good
I said Tesco, simply because I never go to Tesco. I get bored easily...

Though I'd have to stop off at Morrisons to stock up on Tex Mex chicken. Food of the Gods.
I LOATHE Tescos....nasty nasty shop - too full of stuff and in every single one near me the acoustics are terrible....I spend the time shopping having to shout to be heard and shouting makes me angry so I end up stressed. The extra couple of pence it costs in sainsburys is well worth it for my sanity....plus I've found that the stuff I tend to buy tends to be more expensive in tescos than sainsburys (Orangina 2l bottle - 30p difference!!!!!!).

I get the bulk of my food from these bods though: http://www.abel-cole.co.uk I'll get home this evening to a box of free range organic mince (minced in a mincer not in some weird factory) that will be meat coloured and not luminous red, some free range organic pork chops whic taste fantastic, organic bread cooked in a wood fired oven and that doesn't go mouldy after a few days, eggs, milk and cheese that taste amazing, and a bunch of lovely veges/fruit that I don't have to peel to remove the pesticides:biggrin: Oh and they do a full range of ecover cleaning/washing products as well so I can get biological POWDER and not just the scanky tablets:smile:

I'd rather pay a bit more and enjoy my food for where it's come from as much for how it tastes:smile:
Reply 59
sainsbury's because i'm loaded (I lie) but not upper class enough to goto waitrose :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending