Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Please keep anon because its embarrasing & people I know use TSR.

I was at my previous school from yrs7-11. In years 7 & 8 I wasn't really sure of myself and kept moving around friendship groups. In yr9 I realised which group of girls [school was all girls] I wanted to be friends with. Trouble was they were already extremely good friends and so didn't really take much notice of me. I loved hanging round with them at school, made me feel really good about myself. However they never included me in stuff they did outside of school e.g. going to parties. I tried talking to one of the girls about it [who I was quite good friends with] but she didn't really seem to understand how much it would mean to me to be part of their group.

And now, moving schools for 6th form has exerberated the problem. Although I'm not unhappy at my new school by any means, and I have made friends I know they could never replace the group at my old school and I miss them all dreadfully. It hurts so much knowing how much I miss them all and that chances are they have hardly thought about me. Saturday nights are horrible knowing that they are out somewhere having a great time whilst I'm at home. And then seeing the photos on facebook the next day.
    I wish I could explain to them how much I miss them all & would literally do anything to join in their social activities, especially now I don't get to see them everyday. I've tried the whole "oh they aren't worth it" and I've tried moving on but its not working and I've just ended up feeling more depressed about it all, I've cried so much about it. I really don't know what to do because it hurts so much

Say you would like to arrange a get together cuz you havent seen them in ages and arent able to talk to them properly?
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.