The Student Room Group

Student Finance asking for further evidence

Hello,

I am a non uk student with a permanent visa. I have applied for my student loan which they asked for evidence to confirm my identity. I have sent them my original passport but they said I need to provide them my share code which I have no access to.

I then decided to contact Student Finance and they suggested I should send them my Biometric Residence Permit card which I did but still recieved the email saying they need more evidence. I am certain that only a BRP card would be enough to prove my status in the UK since it has the date on which I was granted my status, and the date on which the status will be expired on it which is all the information that they needed. I don't know what else I should send at this point. What should I do?

Thank you in advance
Original post by mixissariya
Hello,

I am a non uk student with a permanent visa. I have applied for my student loan which they asked for evidence to confirm my identity. I have sent them my original passport but they said I need to provide them my share code which I have no access to.

I then decided to contact Student Finance and they suggested I should send them my Biometric Residence Permit card which I did but still recieved the email saying they need more evidence. I am certain that only a BRP card would be enough to prove my status in the UK since it has the date on which I was granted my status, and the date on which the status will be expired on it which is all the information that they needed. I don't know what else I should send at this point. What should I do?

Thank you in advance

Hi there,

We'll need to confirm your status for a full 3 year period prior to the start of your course, so for example, if your course started in September, we'd need evidence of your status for the period 01/09/2019 - 01/09/2022.

If your Biometric Residence card was issued within this time, there may then be a gap in the period we require. So, again for example, if your residence permit card was issued on 01/09/2021, we'd then need evidence of your status for the period prior to this, covering 01/09/2019 - 31/08/2021.

You should receive an email from our eligibility team confirming the evidence required and the date period this will need to cover.

Hope this helps,
Tina.
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi there,

We'll need to confirm your status for a full 3 year period prior to the start of your course, so for example, if your course started in September, we'd need evidence of your status for the period 01/09/2019 - 01/09/2022.

If your Biometric Residence card was issued within this time, there may then be a gap in the period we require. So, again for example, if your residence permit card was issued on 01/09/2021, we'd then need evidence of your status for the period prior to this, covering 01/09/2019 - 31/08/2021.

You should receive an email from our eligibility team confirming the evidence required and the date period this will need to cover.

Hope this helps,
Tina.

Hello Tina,

Thank you for your response. That makes sense because all the evidence that I sent them have all been renewed this year which left a gap of time. I have started my course since 2019 so they need the evidence from that year and they said I could send my expired BRP card but the problem is I had to destroy it and send it back to the Home Office so I do not have that. However, I have my expired passport which shows the year I came to the UK. Do you think I could send my expired passport alongside with any other evidence I can find from 2019?

Thank you
Hello Tina,

Thank you for your response. That makes sense because all the evidence that I sent them have all been renewed this year which left a gap of time. I have started my course since 2019 so they need the evidence from that year and they said I could send my expired BRP card but the problem is I had to destroy it and send it back to the Home Office so I do not have that. However, I have my expired passport which shows the year I came to the UK. Do you think I could send my expired passport alongside with any other evidence I can find from 2019?

Thank you

Hi there,
We can usually accept the expired passports if they confirm all the details requested. We can also accept any original Home Office Letter confirming the status details.

Thanks, Tina.
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi there,
We can usually accept the expired passports if they confirm all the details requested. We can also accept any original Home Office Letter confirming the status details.

Thanks, Tina.

Hi Tina,

That helps a lot, thank you.

Thanks
Hi Tina,

That helps a lot, thank you.

Thanks

You're welcome. :smile:

Thanks, Tina

Quick Reply

Latest