The Student Room Group

OCR Religious Studies- Advice needed!!

I started my A levels in September and am taking OCR Religious Studies but my teacher is really bad and just reads out the textbook and chats so I have been mainly doing it myself. My school is using the green OCR textbook with the pocket watch on the front so I have been learning everything from that. I have been making really detailed revision cards about everything in each section of the chapter and revising them but I am finding it really hard to write essays/ essay plans. I don't know if I'm revising wrong and there's a different or better technique I should try but any help would be appreciated.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Thank you so much! I will post it on there now!
Original post by ArkhamKnight25
I started my A levels in September and am taking OCR Religious Studies but my teacher is really bad and just reads out the textbook and chats so I have been mainly doing it myself. My school is using the green OCR textbook with the pocket watch on the front so I have been learning everything from that. I have been making really detailed revision cards about everything in each section of the chapter and revising them but I am finding it really hard to write essays/ essay plans. I don't know if I'm revising wrong and there's a different or better technique I should try but any help would be appreciated.

I am also doing the OCR RS course and I think one thing you should really do is evaluate everything - go over the content and if you have an opinion you can, give it which may give you more confidence especially as 24/40 marks come from evaluation.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I am also doing the OCR RS course and I think one thing you should really do is evaluate everything - go over the content and if you have an opinion you can, give it which may give you more confidence especially as 24/40 marks come from evaluation.

That's so helpful, thank you so much. So would this just be, 'I disagree with Plato's reliance on rational evidence because...' etc?
That would be a good start but you will also want include the ideas of philosophers who disagree with him such as Aristotle or John Locke to include sources of wisdom and authority

Quick Reply

Latest