Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I live in a private building with about 35 rooms.

Have had loads of things stolen from bank statements, credit card statements, greetings cards, even an expensive parcel.

Also loads of food.

Last night went down to kitchen for an hour till like 10.30pm then was in room till 1am and went to sleep.

Woke up today but didnt go down till 2pm and saw ALL my food being missing, I checked other fridges and all I found was the 2 packs of pasta and the butter.

Spoke to warden who couldnt be bothered(hes a nice guy but a depressed alcoholic divorcee) and I had to pester him, he phoned the landlord who said he thinks it was his building staff who were on site from Friday till today and they must of thought my shelf was the one for someone who moved last week and chucked the food out and said he'd phone the staff and get them to ring back.

Nothing happened but half an hour later I went back to kitchen and checked fridges again, and there was MOST of my food apart from things like pies and my bottles of milk and a bottle of coca cola.

The warden isnt sure if it was someone stealing it and hiding it or the staff moving it by accident.

Im confused, anyone any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    put loads of chilli poweder in some of your food, then when it gets stolen, the person will be in for a suprise :P, and they should be more considerate in future

ReputationRep:
    Maybe there's a really annoying ghost - that's the kind of prank I'd do if I were a ghost

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you ask the people you live with whether they have been taking it or not? Simple way to find out...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LO :))
    Why dont you ask the people you live with whether they have been taking it or not? Simple way to find out...
    Because everyone has said no already.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to have had a lot of problems, so I am wondering if there is something going on you haven't mentioned and your flatmates for some reason don't like you and are making your life hard to piss you off and 'get you back' for whatever is going on ....

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but so far you have suffered from a lot of problems (that you have posted about on here) and I don't know of anyone who has suffered so many problems in such a short space of time, and I lived in the flat from hell last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melj1213)
    You seem to have had a lot of problems, so I am wondering if there is something going on you haven't mentioned and your flatmates for some reason don't like you and are making your life hard to piss you off and 'get you back' for whatever is going on ....

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but so far you have suffered from a lot of problems (that you have posted about on here) and I don't know of anyone who has suffered so many problems in such a short space of time, and I lived in the flat from hell last year!
    Oh no I dont have many problems if you look at the bigger picture.

I get on with my flatmates great, in fact the ones that smoke cannabis keep asking if I want any, and the ones that drink ask if I want to join them and I can chat for hours in kitchen to a few.

But theres quite a few flatmates I have never met since its a big place.

ReputationRep:
    i would be seriously worried if my bank statements and stuff went missing. is there any way you can keep all your stuff locked in your room including foodstuff that dont need to refrigerated? how annoying for you

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.

Articles:

Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.