The Student Room Group

Eligibility for Tuition Loan (EU Student)

Hi,

I am an EU student with pre-settled status. I have been living in the uk since 08/2018. I am on Year 5 of my course, and have been self funding so far. However I would like to apply for a loan to cover the two remaining instalments I have to pay for this final year. In the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year of my course (i.e the period 1/09/2015 - 01/09/2018) I was resident in Lebanon, which is not part of the EEA or UK. Would I still be eligible to apply for a tuition fee loan, considering that I have pre-settled status and have already been living in the UK for over 3 years now?

Thanks
Original post by P1618
Hi,

I am an EU student with pre-settled status. I have been living in the uk since 08/2018. I am on Year 5 of my course, and have been self funding so far. However I would like to apply for a loan to cover the two remaining instalments I have to pay for this final year. In the three years prior to the first day of the first academic year of my course (i.e the period 1/09/2015 - 01/09/2018) I was resident in Lebanon, which is not part of the EEA or UK. Would I still be eligible to apply for a tuition fee loan, considering that I have pre-settled status and have already been living in the UK for over 3 years now?

Thanks

Hi there,

To be eligible to apply for the loan you would need to have been resident within the EU, EEA/Switzerland for 3 years prior to the first day of the first academic year of the course.

Unfortunately as you were not living in the EU during this 3 year period prior to the first academic year of your course, this will mean you won't be eligible to apply for the loan.

Thanks, Tina

Quick Reply