The Student Room Group

Corpus Christi Cambridge Applicants 2023

Hi!
I don't think there's already a thread for Corpus applicants, so I thought I'd make one! Hopefully we can get to know each other a bit and help each other to relax during the (very stressful) admissions process!

To get to know each other, I thought of a few questions it might be fun ton answer:
1) What course are you applying for?
2) Why did you choose to apply to Corpus?
3) What A-Levels or equivalent are you doing?
4) How are you feeling about the application process?

I'll go first!
1) Archaeology
2) At the open day I met a really friendly archaeology student who showed me around. I also like how small and pretty it is, and how close it is to the archaeology department!
3) Classical Civilisation, Latin, History (Early Modern)
4) A bit stressed, but surprisingly ok!

Scroll to see replies

1) Law
2) I quite like the college atmosphere and the high tutor to student ratio
3) IB Econ, History, English A L&L
4) Anxious waiting for an interview
Original post by RealLLChicken
1) Law
2) I quite like the college atmosphere and the high tutor to student ratio
3) IB Econ, History, English A L&L
4) Anxious waiting for an interview

The wait for interviews really is agonising! Good luck with your application!
Original post by pangolin :)
The wait for interviews really is agonising! Good luck with your application!

Good luck to you as well! I hope to meet you in person if we both make it.
Original post by dindinss
1) Law BA

2) At first I only looked into it because of the Corpus Clock, but I loved the smaller college atmosphere and thought the old and new court were absolutely stunning. I couldn't find any faults.
3) History, Politics, Maths, EPQ (and Finance + Mandarin equivalent courses externally)
4) Since the LNAT is over I'm a lot more relaxed, preparing for interview in case I get the invite and just getting on with school to distract myself.

Sounds like there's quite a lot of law applicants to Corpus! Good luck with your application! What's your EPQ on?
Hi!
I don't think there's already a thread for Corpus applicants, so I thought I'd make one! Hopefully we can get to know each other a bit and help each other to relax during the (very stressful) admissions process!

To get to know each other, I thought of a few questions it might be fun ton answer:
1) What course are you applying for?
2) Why did you choose to apply to Corpus?
3) What A-Levels or equivalent are you doing?
4) How are you feeling about the application process?

I'll go first!
1) Archaeology
2) At the open day I met a really friendly archaeology student who showed me around. I also like how small and pretty it is, and how close it is to the archaeology department!
3) Classical Civilisation, Latin, History (Early Modern)
4) A bit stressed, but surprisingly ok!

hi!!! nice to meet another applicant (: good luck!

1. natural sciences (physical)
2. i went on a maths residential to christ's, and got to visit other colleges (including corpus!!) while i was there. i eventually decided christ's being so highly academic might be too stressful, and thought corpus sounded great. i like the site, its size, its location, and how it seems to have a good reputation for student wellbeing (:
3. physics, maths, further maths
4. so many forms to fill in haha!! i'm not sure how my admissions test went so the wait for a response is a little scary....
Original post by archivisnt
hi!!! nice to meet another applicant (: good luck!

1. natural sciences (physical)
2. i went on a maths residential to christ's, and got to visit other colleges (including corpus!!) while i was there. i eventually decided christ's being so highly academic might be too stressful, and thought corpus sounded great. i like the site, its size, its location, and how it seems to have a good reputation for student wellbeing (:
3. physics, maths, further maths
4. so many forms to fill in haha!! i'm not sure how my admissions test went so the wait for a response is a little scary....

Good luck! Corpus definitely has a great vibe. All the forms really stressed me out as well! I'm sure your admissions test results will be great :smile:
I just got an interview invite! Have anyone else applying to Corpus got theirs yet?
I just got an interview invite! Have anyone else applying to Corpus got theirs yet?

Nope, but congrats!

1. law
2. its nice
3. philosophy, maths, economics
4. a tiny bit concerned about lnat A
i didnt know law at corpus was so competitive...
Original post by RealLLChicken
i didnt know law at corpus was so competitive...

I don't think its that crazy tbh. Even if the numbers are a little higher this year its far from the most popular law college

woah congrats!!!! nothing back for me yet
What are the usual dates for interviews at Corpus? Unfortunately, I don't think there's any specific information for law on their website yet, but I was wondering if anyone had received an email with information yet
Original post by Moist Towelette
What are the usual dates for interviews at Corpus? Unfortunately, I don't think there's any specific information for law on their website yet, but I was wondering if anyone had received an email with information yet

I received an email saying between 5th and 16th of December (I think). Mines on the 7th
Reply 14
Hi!

1) History
2) It seems like a really friendly and welcoming place. It's also fairly small and central.
3) History, English Literature, Classical Civilisation (already completed A-levels).
4) Surprisingly calm.
Just got an interview invite for law on the 5th. To other law applicants - any ideas what the pre-reading will look like this year given interviews are online?
Original post by ecto-1
Hi!

1) History
2) It seems like a really friendly and welcoming place. It's also fairly small and central.
3) History, English Literature, Classical Civilisation (already completed A-levels).
4) Surprisingly calm.

I'm doing classical civ and history at the moment! Good luck with your application. Have you heard anything about an interview yet?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Moist Towelette
Just got an interview invite for law on the 5th. To other law applicants - any ideas what the pre-reading will look like this year given interviews are online?

I'm not applying to law, so I can't help with that, but well done on getting an interview!
yesss corpus is excellent!!
good luck all xoxoxo
Original post by ratsareyum
yesss corpus is excellent!!
good luck all xoxoxo

Thank you! Have you also applied to Corpus?

Quick Reply