Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Erm...I think I'm lovesick Watch

I've had my share of crushes for girls, but never have I felt love so intense for it to be causing me some kind of insomnia and illness.

It all started out a week or so ago, when I finally came to realise how wonderfully sweet (personality wise) and gorgeously cute this girl was. I think this is true love that I'm feeling because it wasn't "love at first sight"; My affect isn't based purely on her body or how she looks; I only began to love her after a whole term of observing what kind of person she is and how pretty she actually is. Also, she's not even "buff" by modern standards, but she is incredibly sweet and incredibly cute and to me; she's perfect.

Anyway, ever since I started feel such intense love I've been feeling ill and confused. My heart is always beating, I'm always feeling anxious, my appetite seems of have completely diminished and I struggle to sleep properly because I keep thinking about this girl. Love seems to hurt as much as it feels amazing. I even seem to be already planning on what to do for her at Valentines day. It's like I've found my dream girl, someone I just want to hug and care for, for the rest of my life. And I know she likes me, because I've always caught her staring at me passionately from the corner of my eye.

How do I get rid of this 'illness', so to speak? It's an experience I've never actually been through before, and it's deteriorating my health. It's giving me depression because I know I may not be seeing her again in a year and a halfs time (we're in sixth form - first year)

I feel exactly the same, been having it a few weeks, I kinda want it to go as well.

ReputationRep:
    OP,. why not ask the girl out? If you love her so much then why not at least have a shot at getting her as your girlfriend?

Reading this is like reading my own thoughts! (although I'm a girl)

I haven't eaten properly, I just have no appetitie

But I'm starting to realise that a person isn't worth this misery

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you ask her out now?

i've been in similar situations before (perhaps even in one right now). its probably best to make to move. i've tried being passive, hoping the feeling will subside (i've had bad experiences with unrequited love before, but it hasn't. try at least making some sort of a move to give you a definite indication. if she says no, sever all ties. if she says yes, well done. good luck. http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/n...ttons/post.gif

ReputationRep:
    Ask her out! Either you'll get together and it'll all be good. Happy times. Or she'll knock you back and you'll know she didn't like you after all. Bad times. But at least then you can move on and get over it.

ReputationRep:
    You should definately ask her out, it sounds like your feelings are too strong to ignore, ask if she wants to go out sometime and the worst thats gonna happen is she'll say no and then you can move on. But she might say yes and then it'll all be fab. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChloeEmma)
    You should definately ask her out, it sounds like your feelings are too strong to ignore, ask if she wants to go out sometime and the worst thats gonna happen is she'll say no and then you can move on. But she might say yes and then it'll all be fab. Best of luck!
    :ditto:

ReputationRep:
    I was in a similar situation to you, scarily simialr actually. but it was worse 'coz the girl had a boyfriend so I knew nothing could happen.

Anyway, with me it lasted for about 4/5 weeks, then the feeling just gradually died down, now I still kinda fancy her, but nothing like I did. Just give it time.

ReputationRep:
    Aww you should definitely ask her out. Are you on speaking terms? Do you know her well?

ReputationRep:
    There goes the anon.
    This sounds so cute btw! :p:

ReputationRep:
    bahahaaa. i know where you live now. LONDON. now i know who you are and who you like. nobody can hide from me :mwuaha: :bl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    My heart is always beating
    this is a good sign...

(Original post by BrightGirl)
    Aww you should definitely ask her out. Are you on speaking terms? Do you know her well?
    We're definitely on speaking terms I think. She's always smiling around me and calls me by my nickname! I just don't know if she already has a boyfriend; because she's so wholesome and sweet I can't imagine anyone not liking her.

Thanks for your much needed replies It's nice to see that I'm not the only one going through it. Anyway I have contemplated asking her about, but I just feel like I need to talk to and charm her a bit more by doing so, so when she makes her decision she makes it depending on the real me, and my interests.

(Original post by The Toffy)
    bahahaaa. i know where you live now. LONDON. now i know who you are and who you like. nobody can hide from me :mwuaha: :bl:

Oh my god! Can't believe I keep forgetting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Oh my god! Can't believe I keep forgetting
    You are a little anon muppet aren't you.
    Oh yes you areee. oh yes you aree :yep:

I guess I am...ANYWAY lets forget my real username and get back on topic..lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Toffy)
    You are a little anon muppet aren't you.
    Oh yes you areee. oh yes you aree :yep:
    :laugh:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 16, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.