Turn on thread page Beta

At school... watch

• View Poll Results: At school...were you ever bullied?
    Yes
    57.26%
    Only once
    14.53%
    Never
    28.21%

ReputationRep:
    At school...

Were you ever bullied? Why? What happened? Did it get sorted, or did you suffer in silence? Was it a continual thing, or a one off?

ReputationRep:
    Well not really bullied... But some guys found it funny to make comments about my nose

ReputationRep:
    Not really no.
    Some boys in my form used to laugh at the way i spoke coz i had a brace but it didn't really bother me and so they stopped so not bullying really!

ReputationRep:
    I've always believed that bullying mentally and/or physically toughens up weak kids

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied because I kept making lots and lots of seemingly pointless threads on an online forum :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.maow)
    I've always believed that bullying mentally and/or physically toughens up weak kids
    How absurd.

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied because I kept making lots and lots of seemingly pointless threads on an online forum
    :rolleyes:

(Original post by m.maow)
    Have you always believed in Santa Claus too?

ReputationRep:
    I was bullied throughout school, from ages 6-18. Various things, for various reasons, both because of (and in turn causing) mental problems.
    I tried to hide it, rather than act on it; but my Mum tried to act on it on my behalf. It didn't work.
    Turned my life around at 18 years old though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9ruby)
    :rolleyes:
    I love you really :p:

ReputationRep:
    yep i was. I started secondary school in year 7, for the first year everything was fine, but then i was moved tutor groups and the new tutor group had 14 girls in it and they were one big clique. In the room, there was 3 really long desks, one where a big group of boys sat, one where the girls sat and then an empty desk. In the first tutorial i sat on the girls bench, they didnt say anything to me and blocked me out of their chat. Then when tutorial ended i left to walk to lesson and the big group of girls came up to me at the toip of the stairs. then the most popular one stood there and said to me '**** off out of our tutor group. you dont belong in our class. sit on the back bench from now on' then i just told them to shut up and walked off and they pushed me down the stairs. Only like 6 steps but it bloody hurt. it went on like this for about 4 months and i didnt tell anyone because they were bloody scary. they used to steal my stuff, punch me, scratch me etc. Was pretty horrible. The tutor didnt even ask me why i was the only person sitting on my own in tutorial. It wasnt until i got kicked really hard in the stomach by one of them that i was being sick that anyone found out about it. But i still hate them girls now and they were still *****es even in year 11. But i would say it made me stronger in a sense.

the bullies always lose, whatever they might think so don't worry if you have ever been bullied.

ReputationRep:
    Yep. Started in year 8, ended when I moved from the school towards the end of year 10. I'm just glad it wasn't only me that was bullied - there was a group of us that the whole school just seemed to hate. The usual stuff - name calling, things being thrown at us, etc.
    Teachers did nothing, as if there was a problem, we were obviously bringing it on ourselves. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by im so academic)
    the bullies always lose, whatever they might think so don't worry if you have ever been bullied.
    I like to stalk people who used to bully me on facebook and feel happy that they now have seven kids and are working at tesco

ReputationRep:
    i was bullied in choir in year 5, got asked to leave choir, the girls who were doing it got to stay in choir.
    bullied in year 6 in PE. They changed all my classes round so i was in a new PE group. the same girls as before all stayed together in the PE group.
    by year 7 i gave up on trying to get it sorted because they were in all my lessons and i didn't want to be split up from my friends again.

i don't think it was actually that bad but at the time i had a lot of **** going on outside of school and the last thing i needed when i got to school was girls being *****y and making me feel worse.
    I remember one day I went in to school after being tied up literally all night, i was on the verge of telling my best friend all that was going on and they'd told him that I'd said all these horrible things about him and he told me he hated me. it was just kids being silly and childish but with everything else that was going on it felt like a such a huge blow.

ReputationRep:

I was bullied throughout school, from ages 6-18. Various things, for various reasons, both because of (and in turn causing) mental problems.
    I tried to hide it, rather than act on it; but my Mum tried to act on it on my behalf. It didn't work.
    Turned my life around at 18 years old though.

My secondary school years were the worst, I had everything from verbal comments, to impressions how I walk, people trying to trip me up, throwing my lunch on the floor and stamping on it, to having my work trashed, to 'evils' , to being shoved around, having doors slamded in my face, itimidation, death threats, other verbal abuse, pushed, shoved and abusive mobile calls.Lots more. Hardly anything was done about it.

Now I have moved to a better school and in Sixthform, its none existant, and bar friendly banter, everyone gets on and its a very inclusive enviroment and has a great atmosphere.

ReputationRep:
    The usual stuff, from when I started high school until the end of Year 9 generally, although I had some problems with certain people in Year 10 too. Generally ganging up, name-calling and throwing things. The teachers rarely did anything, as it was easier to ignore it.
    Things are so much better now that I'm at college.

ReputationRep:
    Originally Posted by k9ruby

I love you really
    Good.

Yeah, bullies are like sheep. You need to make the ringleader look stupid and then the rest will turn their attention to laughing at them rather than you. Thats what I have learnt.

ReputationRep:
    Surprisingly, I never had much of a bullying problem. I say surprisingly because I was an obvious target. Had the odd bit of abuse, but nothing sustained or particularly malicious. I think the closest thing to bullying I had a problem with was playfighting with my friends. I didn't appreciate it much but they didn't really catch on that I didn't like it.

ReputationRep:
    Bullied since primary school....never got sorted

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.