Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At school... Watch

• View Poll Results: At school...were you ever bullied?
    Yes
    57.26%
    Only once
    14.53%
    Never
    28.21%

ReputationRep:
    I dont get bullied about myself but I get comments and texts like "You boyfiend is a mug"

Or "I shagged your boyfriend, he pissed on me"

Because the majority of my year dont have more than 2 brain cells and are so stuck up there own asses they cant get to know someone, just judge them.

I just laugh at them and proceed to tell them to grow up.

ReputationRep:
    yep, from year 2-9. in year 3 it got so bad i refused to go to school. by year 4 i was completely out of school and it had messed me up so bad i had to see a psychiatrist after threatning to stab myself. i went to 3 different primary schools, and i was always seen as the weak kid. in high school it got even worse, it wasn't just the names, i was hit, punched, had my things stolen, ridiculed. the school did nothing except put me into counselling! in year 9 i had enough and i turned around and hit a girl after she followed me around the playground throwing a ball in my back, and then followed me in the loos and hit it over the cubicle door. i broke her nose and after that moment, it all stopped. the one thing that i hadn't tried, and it worked. sure, i got excluded for it, and missed the majority of my year 9 exams, but it was so worth it. it effected me so badly, it tore me down so i didn't have a scrap of self confidence, i wouldn't talk to anyone, and i'd cry myself to sleep every night. i still have very little self confidence, but i can put on a good show. they have definitely scarred me for life, but after seeing all these people that bullied me, on facebook, seeing how i'm about to go to uni, i am doing subjects that i love and have a part-time job that i love working with people that i get on with and go to school with amazing characters. whereas they're just wasters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m.maow)
    It's school, and it happens to everyone.
    The first bit might generally be true but the second isn't. Furthermore, you cannot justify your claim by suggesting it happens to everyone. Death happens to everyone; that doesn't mean death toughens you up.

Some people take things to heart when they really shouldn't
    Because obviously the intention of bullies is always light-hearted japery. :rolleyes:

and they are the ones who need to get it sorted by external factors such as parents or teachers or moving schools etc.
    Oh, of course. It's the victim's problem, so naturally they have to be the one to further suffer.

However most people can (or learn to) take the piss out of themselves so it doesn't really matter to them.
    It's a coping mechanism: that doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

(Original post by button8)
    I like to stalk people who used to bully me on facebook and feel happy that they now have seven kids and are working at tesco
    :king1: See, everything always works out in the end for the victim! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Never. My school was small and strict, so there weren't any bullies, just an occasional fight.

ReputationRep:
    I got picked on a bit, so I don't know whether to call it bullying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BJack)
    The first bit might generally be true but the second isn't. Furthermore, you cannot justify your claim by suggesting it happens to everyone. Death happens to everyone; that doesn't mean death toughens you up.

Because obviously the intention of bullies is always light-hearted japery. :rolleyes:

Oh, of course. It's the victim's problem, so naturally they have to be the one to further suffer.

It's a coping mechanism: that doesn't mean it doesn't matter.
    Well it seems I'm clearly wrong here, and take everything back. Sorry to those offended, didn't realise everyone took life so seriously

ReputationRep:
    I was on and off for years - nothing physical other than the occasional push, but name-calling and other emotional/mental bullying tactics, from both girls and boys, although the boys were worse. I never really said anything to teachers though because I didn't want to make a fuss, and it didn't seem severe enough to bother them about. I generally just ignored them in person while hurting like crazy inside. I did tell on someone once though - a chap in the year below who had generally been rather horrible throughout primary school, decided to moon at me 3 times - last of all in the library at school lunchtime! While his mates sniggered and laughed...I wouldn't have minded so much if it hadn't been the final straw after so many years. I told my form tutor and he got into lots of trouble and had to write me a letter of apology promising never to mention it or do anything like it to me again - and he didn't, except for sniggering about it once out of school.

ReputationRep:
    Luckily I never have, I've had a friend who was though...

ReputationRep:
    people who get bullied are extremely sensitive and don't know how to stand of for who they are ,a real disapointment to society

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obnoxious)
    people who get bullied are extremely sensitive and don't know how to stand of for who they are ,a real disapointment to society
    a world of :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by obnoxious)
    Fishing for neg reps, are we?

ReputationRep:
    nm.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.