Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

WoW - Wrath of the Lich King question Watch

ReputationRep:
    fairly surprised that no topics have been started about this game but anyways - i was just wondering that since my current pc doesn't have wow on it, when i buy wotlk will i have to install all the patches from wow and bc along with the games or can i just install wow, bc and wotlk and all patches will already be on once i've installed all three games?
    thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    I did this not so long ago and will be again when i buy lich king >.<

Install original WoW and then there's 5 or 6 patches to bring everything up to date, including TBC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amjw)
    fairly surprised that no topics have been started about this game but anyways - i was just wondering that since my current pc doesn't have wow on it, when i buy wotlk will i have to install all the patches from wow and bc along with the games or can i just install wow, bc and wotlk and all patches will already be on once i've installed all three games?
    thanks in advance.
    Does a crack addict go on the internet to talk about crack?

No, because he's too busy smoking crack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cupid Stunt)
    Does a crack addict go on the internet to talk about crack?

No, because he's too busy smoking crack.
    Or Warcrack

(Original post by amjw)
    thanks in advance.
    If the patches are on your old hardrive, then transfer them to the new PC and you wont have to download them. You'll still have to install them though obviously.

Otherwise, yes you're going to have to download and install all of the new patches.

Stupid o2 internet :mad: not being good enough in North Wales for me to play WoW!! Christmas holiday at home is going to be the longest time I've ever spent on WoW, taking a few hour breaks daily :p:. After that hopefully the internet connection here will be better so I can get back on it!!

EDIT: To the people who are just posting things about WoW addicts or how crap they think the game is... Keep it to yourself or post it in another thread, because that's not what the OP is asking about at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jabbamuffin)
    If the patches are on your old hardrive, then transfer them to the new PC and you wont have to download them. You'll still have to install them though obviously.

Otherwise, yes you're going to have to download and install all of the new patches.

Stupid o2 internet :mad: not being good enough in North Wales for me to play WoW!! Christmas holiday at home is going to be the longest time I've ever spent on WoW, taking a few hour breaks daily :p:. After that hopefully the internet connection here will be better so I can get back on it!!

EDIT: To the people who are just posting things about WoW addicts or how crap they think the game is... Keep it to yourself or post it in another thread, because that's not what the OP is asking about at all.
    No ones said anything about it being crap, I just made a joking comment.

Im a WOW player btw.

ReputationRep:
    It's so ****.

ReputationRep:
    no just install the orginal, tbc then lich king and then let it patch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeadShock)
    no just install the orginal, tbc then lich king and then let it patch.
    Yeah, I used to think that you had to download the patches before installing TBC, I was so angry when I found out you didn't :o:

I wish I had the money to buy WOTLK

ReputationRep:
    If you're new to WoW, then you will have to buy the original World of Warcraft, TBC, and then buy the new WOTLK. Then you have to spend about 24 hours to let your computer patch the latest updates up to 3.0.3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 18, 2008
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.