The Student Room Group

best website to learn french

im struggling in french, i need a good wesbite that covers gcse curriculum and also teaches me french good enough to get an A+ (7+). i really need help please respond as soon as possible
Is there a particular reason why you are aiming for the grade, do you wish to take French a-level or do you just have high aspirations?I got an 8 after doing my GCSEs this year and now study it at a-level. I wouldn't say there is one particular website to use if you want a grade this high instead I would recommend the following:

Learn your tenses - practise a different one everyday to keep consistent to be able to include a range of tenses within every answer i.e perfect,present,future,conditional,pluperfect ect.
Learn higher level expressions/ a range of conjunctions ect. and always use a variety of adjectives ect. for example don't always say très use extrêmement , vraiment ... there are so many to be found on google by typing gcse french grade 9 phrases

Here are the resources I used :
Memrise - incredible for vocab as a minimum I would do 5 mins a day however consistency is most important
Youtube- there are so many great french youtubers, the channel 'easyfrench' has some good videos
Seneca learning + bbc bitesize to gain inspiration for my writing on weaker topics
Most importantly TIME YOURSELF and complete practise/past papers and give them to your teacher to mark - they will notice your mistakes best

Good luck
Reply 2
Original post by Freya.G
Is there a particular reason why you are aiming for the grade, do you wish to take French a-level or do you just have high aspirations?I got an 8 after doing my GCSEs this year and now study it at a-level. I wouldn't say there is one particular website to use if you want a grade this high instead I would recommend the following:

Learn your tenses - practise a different one everyday to keep consistent to be able to include a range of tenses within every answer i.e perfect,present,future,conditional,pluperfect ect.
Learn higher level expressions/ a range of conjunctions ect. and always use a variety of adjectives ect. for example don't always say très use extrêmement , vraiment ... there are so many to be found on google by typing gcse french grade 9 phrases

Memrise - incredible for vocab as a minimum I would do 5 mins a day however consistency is most important
Youtube- there are so many great french youtubers, the channel 'easyfrench' has some good videos
Seneca learning + bbc bitesize to gain inspiration for my writing on weaker topics
Most importantly TIME YOURSELF and complete practise/past papers and give them to your teacher to mark - they will notice your mistakes best

Good luck

thank you very much i cant explain how much this will help me, i dont want to take french a level but i really do want an 8 or 9
Original post by Freya.G

Good luck

@kyos_bracelet hope this helps !

Quick Reply

Latest