Turn on thread page Beta

Are/were your brothers/sisters as/were anything like you at school? watch

• View Poll Results: Were your brothers/sisters like you at school?
    We are exactly the same
    17.78%
    I'm the more academic one
    73.33%
    They are more academic than me
    8.89%

ReputationRep:
    Are/were your brothers/sisters as/were anything like you at school?

We are polar opposites!:o:

ReputationRep:
    Complete opposites.

My older brother was 2 years older than me. he was the class clown,not that bright, messed about and was quite naughty. He would put pictures of the head teacher on like musclely bodies and post them round school. Also he would carry round a briefcase instead of a school bag. so when i came to school, all the teachers gave me a hard time expecting me to be like him which i wasnt as was shy and worked hard to begin with. But i hated things like PE and Drama and Music so messed about in those lessons. Then my younger sister came to school and the teachers were nice to her except in lessons like PE and Music but which she is really good in. so in a way we all made it harder for the next one to go to the school. My english teacher told my sister that if she had the confidence of my brother and the work hard ethic i had she would go far.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Both my sisters worked much harder than I did

ReputationRep:
    Well, I've got two sisters, and we all got high grades in English and Science, but low grades in Maths (I got the highest grade out of the three - a C), so, yeah, I guess you could say we were all similar to each other. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Me: Reasonably good gcse grades, taking a-levels, hoping to go to uni, bit geeky, surgically attached to computer, very conciencous, a bit of a perfectionist at school (I cried on gcse results day because I failed one subject and missed a A* in IT by 2 marks ). I study and finish coursework in my frees, work well idependently, always got gold plated reports/parents evenings, with comments such as "I wish they were all like her" "Perfect student, can't think of anything bad to say even if I tried" :O (exactly!). On first name terms with most teachers, quiet. In top 3 in IT, have loads of academic related certificates.

My brother: Class clown, popular (would get A* in it if it was gcse), G&T in music, but because of this thinks everything else will come easily, puts mimimal effort in, always the teachers fault/mistake if he gets detention/bad report/parents evening.

ReputationRep:
    K9ruby i see you've got the thread making bug again?

ReputationRep:
    exact opposites i would say. I am the academic one, the geek, etc but also social whilst my sister was less focussed on work and quite introvert and shy.

ReputationRep:
    K9ruby i see you've got the thread making bug again?
    I can't help it!

My sister does work, has lots and lots of friends and uses Myspace and Facebook too much.

No, she's nothing like me at all.

EDIT: But she's ace anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k9ruby)
    I can't help it!
    its alrite i understand ive gotten rid of mine

ReputationRep:
    My brother is much more 'academic' than me. He works very hard in the sciences mainly and gets excellent grades. I tended to be much more lazy doing just what was necessary, in the arts mainly, then part pulling the cat out of the bag in exam time, to give me pretty good grades but not exceptional by any means. Just to use GCSE as an example, he got something stupid like 7A* and I got none.

ReputationRep:
    I have three older brothers, and I probably work harder than any of them did.
    The elder two got average GCSE results, one went to university and got a graduate job, the other works in the council.
    The youngest of them was probably the most intelligent of all of us in primary school but he hated school and exams and never bothered in secondary school, so he failed his GCSEs and now works in a travel agents.

ReputationRep:
    Mine are different in some ways, similar in others.

My 14 year old brother was nothing like me throughout primary school and early secondary school. However, in the past year, he's adopted my approach to education (a dislike for formal academic education but a value for learning itself) that's led him to become more like me.

My sister (12) has never been anything like me, really. She's a very popular girl, and school is one big popularity contest to her. It's a social event, rather than something to be loved or loathed; she takes no interest in education at all.

My youngest brother is only four, but looks set to be a lot like me.

ReputationRep:
    My sisters and I were almost the same (we're triplets after all) - academic, musical, good at art and sport), our older brother was also academic, but more so than us (he's a maths genius whereas we definitely aren't!), musical and artistic but not at all sporty. Our younger brother is very musical, but probably not as academic (though no slouch...) or as sporty.

ReputationRep:
    These are all very interesting replies. Keep 'em coming!

ReputationRep:
    I'm an only child - where's that option!?

ReputationRep:
    We are both academic but in different ways. My (older) brother was sciencey, whereas I'm artsy. Also, he only worked as much as he had to to get the top grade/meet his uni offer (got AAAB when he could easily have got 4 As) and never really pushed himself, whereas I do.

ReputationRep:
    I'm more academic but didn't do homework like ever and was bullied a lot. I was also rubbish at sport.

My sister is one of the most popular people in her year and can do work but makes out she hates every subject she does and treats school like a place to talk and lark about. She's also excellent at sport

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moody28028)
    We are both academic but in different ways. My (older) brother was sciencey, whereas I'm artsy. Also, he only worked as much as he had to to get the top grade/meet his uni offer (got AAAB when he could easily have got 4 As) and never really pushed himself, whereas I do.

ReputationRep:
    My brothers are both lazy.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
  2. Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Sep '18
  3. Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.