Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How is your preparation for Filtering Interview/OASC? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well mine's awful.

I was thinking if other guys here agree. The wiser ones :woo: (who have been though OASC or even better who has passed) can ask us wanabees questions and that way we can start a discussion on the topic - which I think (in my small brain ) will help us prepare much better for the interview.

Anyone want to start? or is it a daft idea?

Roleplay anyone? (errm i meant the CO of AFCO)

ReputationRep:
    OK newboyintown where is your training after IOT (for your chosen branch) and how long is it for?

(hello btw, I'm the one who directed you here from another forum)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GR29KHS)
    OK newboyintown where is your training after IOT (for your chosen branch) and how long is it for?

(hello btw, I'm the one who directed you here from another forum)

Hello Hello.

Nice to see ya.

Training After AOT:

ATC Officer. 27 weeks at the Central Air Traffic Control School, RAF Shawbury.

ReputationRep:
    Nice one (although remember it's IOT, not AOT)

ReputationRep:
    Nice one (although remember it's IOT, not AOT)
    Arg IOT - Initial Officer Training. It was a typo (not an excuse really) sorry.

ReputationRep:
    Thought it might be - you'll get used to having typos corrected around here! Easiest thing is not to make them.

ReputationRep:
    Thought it might be - you'll get used to having typos corrected around here! Easiest thing is not to make them.

I've gathered that already. Not in the RAF yet, but already started to feel the heat :p:

ReputationRep:
    I've just read the latest post on the thread I posted in on the goat. I think they're having a bad night. I don't go in there as a rule unless I have a specific question or I can offer advice in the recruitment section - although half my posts get removed because I'm too helpful.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't realise guys over there would be serious. However, I had a PM from someone very helpful and gave me the conatct name of the Sqn Leader of RAF Shawbury for a visit.

Will give him a call tomorrow to see what he says.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    How long are you at Shawbury for, and breakdown the training for me.

Also, describe a first tour for a junior officer and what duties (primary and secondary) you might have to undertake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    How long are you at Shawbury for, and breakdown the training for me.

Also, describe a first tour for a junior officer and what duties (primary and secondary) you might have to undertake.
    And she's back....*waves*
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    duties (primary and secondary) you might have to undertake.
    Erm - can't use 'secondary duties' any more. Additional duties IIRC.
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    And she's back....*waves*
    ish.....am knackered all the time so not online much! Need to catch up with you though before you go away as we haven't had a good natter in ages :p:

ReputationRep:
    27 weeks course.

First lessons are classroom based and then practice using computer based part task trainer.

The next phase I believe is simulator based. Not sure if there is any other tasks before the exam.

Role as a Junior Officer I believe is of a Base Adjutant looking after the needs of non-commissioned staff.

Additional duties may include serving some club at the base, or arranging/managing sporting activities etc.

ReputationRep:
    ish.....am knackered all the time so not online much! Need to catch up with you though before you go away as we haven't had a good natter in ages :p:
    Deffo. I'm at home until New Years weeks then I'm back and then I'm off and won't be back to civilisation until mid-Feb *yikes*. Had fam visit recently and now very excited If you are up north I was planning on trying to meet up with Theo as well.... possibly in a northern vicinity; although she hasn't been online for a while either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lady Venom)
    Deffo. I'm at home until New Years weeks then I'm back and then I'm off and won't be back to civilisation until mid-Feb *yikes*. Had fam visit recently and now very excited If you are up north I was planning on trying to meet up with Theo as well.... possibly in a northern vicinity; although she hasn't been online for a while either.
    [thread drift]I'm still here! *waves*

Trying to finish my assignments for my Diploma, so I'm banned from MSN until they're done. Deffo try to meet up before you go![/thread drift]

ReputationRep:
    yes corporal day 28 in badlads army the UK forces are fighting another pointless war alongside U.S flying monkeys!
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by newboyintown)
    27 weeks course.
    Role as a Junior Officer I believe is of a Base Adjutant looking after the needs of non-commissioned staff.

Additional duties may include serving some club at the base, or arranging/managing sporting activities etc.
    Erm....not really. What do you expect your first posting to be? I'd expect you to be in a tower on an airfield and building up your controlling experience within the Branch structure. If you are lucky, you'll get to be a Flight Commander with troops to report on as part of that. You won't be an Adj - but you'll have plenty admin to get on with as a flight commander.
    Additional Duties are pretty much up to you, or you might get stiffed if you are not quick enough getting something you are interested in. It is always better to do something you want to do - I have been involved in the running of surfing, snowboarding, scuba diving, rugby, cycling and general expeds over the years.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that. I will try to remember

(Original post by ProStacker)
    Erm....not really. What do you expect your first posting to be? I'd expect you to be in a tower on an airfield and building up your controlling experience within the Branch structure. If you are lucky, you'll get to be a Flight Commander with troops to report on as part of that. You won't be an Adj - but you'll have plenty admin to get on with as a flight commander.
    Additional Duties are pretty much up to you, or you might get stiffed if you are not quick enough getting something you are interested in. It is always better to do something you want to do - I have been involved in the running of surfing, snowboarding, scuba diving, rugby, cycling and general expeds over the years.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2008
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.