The Student Room Group

UCAS grades

I currently have a BCC for my predicted grades and I am on my final year of a levels. I am worried about not getting into my dream university which requires a BBB, I am just wondering if Universities accept lower predicted grades and/or any ways I could get my grades up?
Original post by moonhrt
I currently have a BCC for my predicted grades and I am on my final year of a levels. I am worried about not getting into my dream university which requires a BBB, I am just wondering if Universities accept lower predicted grades and/or any ways I could get my grades up?

Universities will sometimes make offers to candidates with predicted grades lower then the typical offer. I came across someone earlier today who applied for an AAB course with predicted grades if ABB, and still received an offer. It really depends on how over-subscribed the course / university is. You're two grades below, which probably doesn't make an offer terribly likely, but you never know.

Having one of your five UCAS courses be a bit "aspirational" is fine - just make sure than you also apply to some others with requirements which are at or below your predicted grades too.

As for what you can do to improve your grades, that's impossible to answer I'm afraid. You haven't mentioned what subjects you're taking, or what issues you're having (exam timings, subject knowledge, understand the question, matching the mark scheme, etc. etc.).

Good luck!
Some Unis will accept applications for some courses with predcited grades just below their entry requirements.
Two grades below is pushing your luck a bit, but if you are prepared for 'no' its worth the risk of applying.
Just make sure your other choices are more realistic.

The alternative is not to apply to Uni this year, and instead just work your socks off for the best possble grades you can get - and then apply next year with acheived grades. Recommended if that Uni is that important to you.
I agree that two grades under is a push, but a course asking for BBB is likely to be more flexible than most. It’s worth a try if it’s definitely your preference.

Quick Reply