The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
chaseside
As someone who is writing a book on misandry, i should know

*insert sweet/ sarcastic/ stupid smile here*

:smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: !!!

Sorry, hunni, but you shouldn't put that you'd be ashamed to be a feminist if you actually know what it means.

And that "sweet/sarcastic/stupid smile" was actually meant to show that I didn't want to get in an argument.
Reply 181
Vykeera
Sorry, hunni, but you shouldn't put that you'd be ashamed to be a feminist if you actually know what it means.

And that "sweet/sarcastic/stupid smile" was actually meant to show that I didn't want to get in an argument.

Well feminists tend to ruin things :s-smilie: Every misandrist is ashamed by them.
Reply 182
chaseside
Man- hating misandrist :p: - meaning to hate men unreservedly :yep:

I'd be ashamed to be a feminist! More younger women are becoming misandrists. Get the terminology right.

i apologise wholeheartedly
Reply 183
The problem with 'confident' girls in the lack of distinction between 'obnoxious' and 'confident'. Give me coy over loud any day: not because I find it more attractive (although obviously i do).. its just less annoying.
A bit of submission in the bedroom is all my boyfriend gets from me.

I'm naturally a dominant person when it comes to romantic relationships, and unless my partner fights for control over something, or takes the initiative himself, I tend to end up leading the way.

That said, my boyfriend doesn't expect me to take control and I don't expect him to submit. That is just the way we tend to work.

I think he likes the cute, sweet, shy girls, but I'm not sure if he'd know what to do with one if he got it.
Reply 185
Cocky women are a no-no. I like confident women, but don't try to be 'one of the guys' that's not ladylike. Elegant and well spoken. Charming, and obedient.
Reply 186
Vykeera
Feminists are people who believe the sexes should be equal. Different to misandrists/man-haters. :smile:

What have feminists ever done for men? When have they ever campaigned for a male innequality? They are called feminists ffs, should give you a clue as to which side they have chosen! The name for someone who believes in equality of both sexes is egalitarian.
Reply 187
but government say women have brain size of squirrel
Reply 188
CHAMON
Cocky women are a no-no. I like confident women, but don't try to be 'one of they guys' that's not ladylike. Elegant and well spoken. Charming, and obedient.

Why? We aren't inferior beings who should 'obey' men, any more than men should 'obey' women.
Reply 189
zzzzzoe
but government say women have brain size of squirrel

I sincerely hope this is just a poor attempt at a joke...
Reply 190
Kew
I sincerely hope this is just a poor attempt at a joke...

no no! its from borat, that bit where he interviews the feminists??!

er, seriously though, id tend to think that men who expect women to be subservient are living in the past. i think those kind of relationships would fit into the "abusive" category nowadays for a lot of people.
Well I have an idea of what some guys enjoy... but everyone is different obviously... But for me, confidence is a major turn on for me, only problem is many women who are confident feel that they should be quite pro-women if you get what i mean... so they act like they don't need/want a guy... which is a turn off... if you can be confident and partially witty whether its intellect, jokes or flirting :P that works best in my opinion.

Quite, submissive girls I find can be a fair bit boring in the sense that there is not much of a fight back... though that can be contradictive as you never want someone to say no lol, but you need someone who just makes things ore interesting in that sense
They should be in between.

They shouldn't be so submissive like some wife from 200 years ago. And they shouldn't be too dominant, loud and assertive either - which is the reason why I'm not very keen on black girls.

I prefer a girl to be strong, have opinions and a good outlook on life with some sort of goals. Some girl who prefers to behave like Paris Hilton wouldn't be very attractive to me. A relationship isn't just about having sex, because you should be friends as well, and how can a man be friends and have good conversations stuff with a girl who is all ditzy, has no brain and is just all about acting cute and pretty?

I think the men who look for weak and submissive girls do so because they are weak themselves and cannot handle people with big personalities. They must be real boring guys!

I am talking here just about proper relationships though. If I'm looking just for a one night stand and have sex with some random girl then I don't really care what their personality is like as long as they're hot.

Just want to add also that I think my taste in girls is also the reason why I am not attracted to English or East Asian girls! English girls are either really quiet and super shy and reserved, OR they behave like obnoxious yobs going around getting drunk every night and screaming out swear words. Then East Asian girls like Chinese and Japanese just are too quiet and submissive. They are too innocent and fragile.
Lampshade
I like someone who can switch.

heh. This.

Edit: old thread!

Latest

Trending

Trending