The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Vykeera
But if those 'submissive' women were unhappy with doing something, would they say so?
If they would, they're not being submissive, just happy to let the man make the decisions most of the time.
If they won't say something, then they'll be doing things they're unhappy with.

But submissive women don't necessarily base their happiness on whether they enjoy doing something or not. They would be happy knowing that they had made their partner happy.
tom//
what happened to "feminine men grate you"?

not that im feminine :awesome:

you've won me around, and changed my mind on them :smile:

well done
button8
But submissive women don't necessarily base their happiness on whether they enjoy doing something or not. They would be happy knowing that they had made their partner happy.

Surely if their partner told them to do something they really didn't want to do, a truly submissive woman would do it? That's the point, she would submit
mfc20
oh im delighted. problem is you've never seen one in the flesh cos no lad in their right mind would touch you

hehe. thats such a poor comeback.

trust me (and my wicked ways) thats not the case.

You dance to the music, like nobody does, the first time I saw you, I knew it was love. My heart is on fire, the night is divine, my only desire, is making you mine!
Reply 144
DamnitJanet
Surely if their partner told them to do something they really didn't want to do, a truly submissive woman would do it? That's the point, she would submit

Yes, but they wouldn't have to be unhappy about doing it. I'm not sure how to explain it properly :s-smilie:
Reply 145
KayleeLand
you've won me around, and changed my mind on them :smile:

well done

that brings a tear to my feminine eye

i joke
I quite like confident women, im abit shy so thats probs why
Reply 147
button8

To a certain degree. But you're talking about things they're ambivalent about; everyone has something they are uncomfortable with, or find painful, or is against their principles.

I wouldn't be happy not seeing my friends because my partner doesn't agree with them not being in a relationship. I wouldn't be happy voting for whichever political party my partner thinks are best, even if I dislike their politics. I wouldn't be happy not going to university because my partner doesn't want me to. I wouldn't be happy doing certain sexual acts, e.g., golden showers (which the idea of makes me feel queasy), because it makes my partner happy. I wouldn't have sex sooner in a relationship than I felt ready to, simply because my partner wanted to. I wouldn't be hapy having a baby when I didn't feel ready, if my partner wanted one. I wouldn't put up with my partner calling me a "whore" in an argument or using "woman" as an insult to me. I could go on forever...

Every person has opinions, and preferences. Fair enough is someone will do something they either like or don't care about because it makes their partner up. But a submissive person will change their opinions to their partner's, and will do things they find unpleasant/uncomfortable/painful. Is it right for men to want that?

Edit: And I do know what you mean about being happy just making other people happy. But there's a degree to which you can do that.
tom//
that brings a tear to my feminine eye

i joke

u make me laugh :smile:

*she says becoming strangely endeared to a softy*
Reply 149
Vykeera
To a certain degree. But you're talking about things they're ambivalent about; everyone has something they are uncomfortable with, or find painful, or is against their principles.

I wouldn't be happy not seeing my friends because my partner doesn't agree with them not being in a relationship. I wouldn't be happy voting for whichever political party my partner thinks are best, even if I dislike their politics. I wouldn't be happy not going to university because my partner doesn't want me to. I wouldn't be happy doing certain sexual acts, e.g., golden showers (which the idea of makes me feel queasy), because it makes my partner happy. I wouldn't have sex sooner in a relationship than I felt ready to, simply because my partner wanted to. I wouldn't be hapy having a baby when I didn't feel ready, if my partner wanted one. I wouldn't put up with my partner calling me a "whore" in an argument or using "woman" as an insult to me. I could go on forever...

Every person has opinions, and preferences. Fair enough is someone will do something they either like or don't care about because it makes their partner up. But a submissive person will change their opinions to their partner's, and will do things they find unpleasant/uncomfortable/painful. Is it right for men to want that?

But if the woman understands and agrees to it all beforehand, and is happy to do so, then there is nothing wrong with that type of relationship.

Vykeera
Edit: And I do know what you mean about being happy just making other people happy. But there's a degree to which you can do that.

The degree to which a woman can do that is different for each individual. If there is a person who is willing to do anything I don't see how being submissive would make them unhappy :smile:
button8
But if the woman understands and agrees to it all beforehand, and is happy to do so, then there is nothing wrong with that type of relationship.

But the point is, not all submissive women ARE happy to do those things, they do simply because they are so used to doing what their partner tells them to.
Reply 151
KayleeLand
u make me laugh :smile:

*she says becoming strangely endeared to a softy*

haha :biggrin:
Reply 152
DamnitJanet
But the point is, not all submissive women ARE happy to do those things, they do simply because they are so used to doing what their partner tells them to.

I'm getting confused now, I'm blaming the amount of essays I have to write :s-smilie: Shall we agree that some women are happy being submissive and some aren't? :smile:
button8
I'm getting confused now, I'm blaming the amount of essays I have to write :s-smilie: Shall we agree that some women are happy being submissive and some aren't? :smile:

Hehe, yes ok.
Is Button8 being submissive?
Reply 155
KayleeLand
Is Button8 being submissive?

Haha, maybe :p:
Reply 156
button8

That's a matter of personal opinion; I disagree that it's right for anyone to lose their personality because someone else wants them to, but I'm not going to change your mind.

Do you think it's right for men (or women) to want a partner to parrot their own opinions, regardless of their own, and to determine their lives and do things they find uncomfortable/painful/humiliating/against their principles, because of what they want? To not care about that partner's emotional and physical state? Even without going to the extent of physical, non-sexual, violence, which I've been avoiding for the duration of this thread because I know no one means that much of an extreme, they can still cause physical damage even if it's just things like where their partner is throwing up from exhaustion.

Or, to put it another way, if someone who's at Keele Uni with you and absolutely loving their course, on line for a first and hoping to study for a Masters/PhD, were to turn round to you and say "I'm dropping out because my partner doesn't like me being more qualified than them and having friends that they don't know", would you think that was right of their partner to do?

And let's not even talk the partner loving them; you can't love someone if you're not allowing them to be themselves, but are instead an extention of your own personality and demands, acting as a slave for you.

Edit: DamnitJane said it quite right when she said if a submissive person were not happy being submissive.
I image you're not being submissive to the extent that, for example, my father wanted my mum to be. Point in case: you are at university.
Reply 157
Vykeera
That's a matter of personal opinion; I disagree that it's right for anyone to lose their personality because someone else wants them to, but I'm not going to change your mind.

Do you think it's right for men (or women) to want a partner to parrot their own opinions, regardless of their own, and to determine their lives and do things they find uncomfortable/painful/humiliating/against their principles, because of what they want? To not care about that partner's emotional and physical state? Even without going to the extent of physical, non-sexual, violence, which I've been avoiding for the duration of this thread because I know no one means that much of an extreme, they can still cause physical damage even if it's just things like where their partner is throwing up from exhaustion.

If the partner is fully informed and gives their consent to those things happening then yes, I think that it's right to want that.

Vykeera
Or, to put it another way, if someone who's at Keele Uni with you and absolutely loving their course, on line for a first and hoping to study for a Masters/PhD, were to turn round to you and say "I'm dropping out because my partner doesn't like me being more qualified than them and having friends that they don't know", would you think that was right of their partner to do?

Like I said, if the person has agreed beforehand to it, I don't think it's wrong. However, if they are put in a situation where they cannot say no, I think that it would be very wrong.

Vykeera
And let's not even talk the partner loving them; you can't love someone if you're not allowing them to be themselves, but are instead an extention of your own personality and demands, acting as a slave for you.

But for some people being submissive is being themselves, rather than trying to act like a strong and independent person because it's what most of society expects of them.
I don't like feminists. I like submissive women. For example, since I've been at Uni I've been looking for a girlfriend. One who is preferably shy/quiet and one who I can oppress so much that she gives me most of her money. Thus, minimising my debt.
Mastermind`
I don't like feminists. I like submissive women. For example, since I've been at Uni I've been looking for a girlfriend. One who is preferably shy/quiet and one who I can oppress so much that she gives me most of her money. Thus, minimising my debt.

Yeh man. You just want 'most' of her money? Thats a deal :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending