The Student Room Group

French EPQ ideas

I have decided to have a French related EPQ, however I barely have any ideas and I am not too sure what to choose. Does anyone have any ideas or has done an EPQ on a French related topic that could help?
If ur doing French u also have to do an irp so pick something similar to what ur gonna choose so u have less pressure-choose based on what u enjoy-I like sociology so I linked sociology and french to talk about feminism in france
Reply 2
Original post by teddybear4444h
If ur doing French u also have to do an irp so pick something similar to what ur gonna choose so u have less pressure-choose based on what u enjoy-I like sociology so I linked sociology and french to talk about feminism in france

thanks i also do physics and maths so im gonna have to find a way to link something from there cuz otherwise idk what i find very interesting atm
Original post by teddybear4444h

Ideally choose something that you're really interested in, or something that you think you will have the potential in, as not only will you have to put in quite a bit of time and effort into researching it, but you will also have to answer a few questions on it which may be tricky to do if you don't have that much background knowledge or aren't too passionate about the topic! For example, I'm really interested in International Relations as well as History and other Languages in general so I've decided to speak about French colonial linguistic policy. Hope that helps! :smile:
Hey, I've got a few ideas on what you can write about and how you can relate it to physics and maths!

1. The history and evolution of the French language: This topic could explore the origins of the French language, its development over time, and its current status as a global language. It could be linked to math through the study of linguistic algorithms and the use of statistical analysis to track language change. It could also be linked to physics through the study of sound waves and the production of speech.

2. A comparison of French and English grammar: This topic could involve a detailed analysis of the grammar of both languages, looking at their similarities and differences. It could be linked to math through the use of formal systems and the development of mathematical models of grammar. It could also be linked to physics through the study of the physical mechanisms involved in speech production and perception.

3. The influence of French culture on the world: This topic could focus on the ways in which French culture has influenced art, fashion, cuisine, and other aspects of global society. It could be linked to math through the study of cultural diffusion and the use of statistical analysis to track the spread of French cultural practices. It could also be linked to physics through the study of the physical properties of materials used in French art and design.

4. The role of the French Revolution in shaping modern French society: This topic could examine the impact of the French Revolution on the political, social, and cultural development of France. It could be linked to math through the study of historical demographics and the use of statistical analysis to track changes in French society over time. It could also be linked to physics through the study of the forces and energies involved in the events of the Revolution.

5. The rise and fall of the French Empire: This topic could explore the growth and decline of the French Empire, looking at its colonial expansion and the factors that led to its eventual collapse. It could be linked to math through the study of economic and demographic data, and the use of statistical analysis to track the growth and decline of the Empire. It could also be linked to physics through the study of the forces involved in the conquest and defence of territories.

6. The evolution of French cuisine and its global influence: This topic could focus on the development of French cuisine over time, and its impact on global culinary practices. It could be linked to math through the use of statistical analysis to track the spread of French culinary techniques and ingredients. It could also be linked to physics through the study of the physical and chemical properties of food, and the ways in which they are affected by cooking techniques.

I hope these help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest