The Student Room Group

How do I convince my parents that listening to lofi music is helpful to my studying?

They seem to believe that listening to music while studying is useless, unnecessary or even stupid. They also think that I wouldn't be able to focus without music if I keep listening to music while studying- is that true? For me, music makes study sessions more enjoyable and actually makes me focus.
Original post by strawbexe
They seem to believe that listening to music while studying is useless, unnecessary or even stupid. They also think that I wouldn't be able to focus without music if I keep listening to music while studying- is that true? For me, music makes study sessions more enjoyable and actually makes me focus.

I get you, i literally hardly can study in silence. My house is quite chaotic so if i close the door and turn on the music it kind of drowns out the chaos, but my mum thinks iam just on tiktok and pretending to study which is annoying as i already have little to no motivation to study and her saying that makes me feel like crap😂
Original post by strawbexe

How long have this debate happened? I mean, have you already made some academic progress to your parents that you gained since using music to help during study? I guess, the best thing to persuade parents is academic result. This way may make us feel a bit frustrated, but usually work.:redface:
Reply 4
Original post by Yat Yat
How long have this debate happened? I mean, have you already made some academic progress to your parents that you gained since using music to help during study? I guess, the best thing to persuade parents is academic result. This way may make us feel a bit frustrated, but usually work.:redface:

I pretty much gave up after they disagreed with it. It's often no use arguing with them- it'll probably turn out to be them yelling at me for talking back.
It's sad, sorry to know this.

Not arguing, but is it possible to find a good time to talk and make a deal? Let U use your way for a semester and let's see your academic progress? If one more person they trust joins the talk, would it help? :yes:

Quick Reply

Latest