The Student Room Group

Psychology 16 Marker

Hi! I'm currently a Y12 student and I'm coming across do a proper 16 marker for psychology for homework. Unfortunately my teacher didn't actually teach us how to do it so I was wondering if someone could direct me a little on how to answer one for the Approaches topic. I would really appreciate a short sample essay if anyone knows a link to one to see how I should write it.
Thankss!
it depends on the question- some questions will ask you to compare two approaches named in the question, some questions will ask you to compare an approach with another one of your choice, and some of them just ask you to evaluate one approach.

the mark breakdown for 16-markers without a scenario is 6 marks of AO1, 10 marks of AO3. for the first two types of question, do about 3 marks of AO1 for each- name the basic assumptions, key thinkers, etc.
then for the AO3, i would do 2 paragraphs comparing them- for example, one on how biological approach is more scientific than humanistic approach, and then one on how the humanistic approach is more positive/holistic and less deterministic.

then do a paragraph on each of the approaches separately.

you should end up with something like this:

humanistic approach AO1
biological approach AO1
humanistic is better than biological because... AO3
biological is better than humanistic because... AO3
evaluation of humanistic AO3
evaluation of biological AO3

for the other type, do something similar but 6 marks of AO1 on the one approach named, and bring up a couple of other approaches as better explanations for behaviour in your AO3.

hope this helps =)
Reply 2
Original post by spammbo
it depends on the question- some questions will ask you to compare two approaches named in the question, some questions will ask you to compare an approach with another one of your choice, and some of them just ask you to evaluate one approach.

the mark breakdown for 16-markers without a scenario is 6 marks of AO1, 10 marks of AO3. for the first two types of question, do about 3 marks of AO1 for each- name the basic assumptions, key thinkers, etc.
then for the AO3, i would do 2 paragraphs comparing them- for example, one on how biological approach is more scientific than humanistic approach, and then one on how the humanistic approach is more positive/holistic and less deterministic.

then do a paragraph on each of the approaches separately.

you should end up with something like this:

humanistic approach AO1
biological approach AO1
humanistic is better than biological because... AO3
biological is better than humanistic because... AO3
evaluation of humanistic AO3
evaluation of biological AO3

for the other type, do something similar but 6 marks of AO1 on the one approach named, and bring up a couple of other approaches as better explanations for behaviour in your AO3.

hope this helps =)

Oh my gosh, thank u so much! That was actually so cool and simple!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending