Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Who played the Artful Dodger the boy was fantastic..... completely outshined everyone on the stage
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    The whole thing seemed really great, but I was impressed by him too...though there will be three Dodgers sharing the role, so I wonder how the other two compare?

ReputationRep:
    Same

Jodie - Impressed me.... I did vote for her when she was up againist Jessie just because I did not want Jessie to win and she has done me proud acted very well.

Gwion.... ermmm well he was okay but loads of improvement still needed

Artful Dodger FANTASTIC FANTASTIC FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the Artful Dodger was really good. I also thought Jodie was good, even though I originally thought that she was going to be bad as Nancy - that's only because I wanted Jessie to win I'd Do Anyhting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathematica)
    Who played the Artful Dodger the boy was fantastic..... completely outshined everyone on the stage
    I completely agree with you!
    I think his name is Robert Madge

ReputationRep:
    Totally agree. As soon as he started singing/acting, I just thought 'Wow!'. But I've found that most of the lads who play the Artful Dodger are extremely good at it, probably because the role requires a confident cheeky young lad.

Jodie was pretty good too although she doesn't look anywhere near 17, which is the age that Nancy should be.

Gwion was ok. But in comparision to the lad who played the Artful Dodger, he has a lot of work to do.

I also noticed that quite a few of the boys who didn't get the part of Oliver were actually there playing one of the orphans. I'm pretty sure I saw Kwayedza, Alexander and Jordan.

Edit: Just found out that one of the lads from I'd Do Anything who didn't get the part of Oliver has actually got one of the main roles. Jordan Li Smith plays Charlie Bates.

ReputationRep:
    yeah i noticed that

ReputationRep:
    Just watched it on youtube. The artful dodger is amazing. I was shocked. Absolutely brilliant. Can't wait until it opens because then I can do a few shifts at Drury Lane. Love the fact I work for Really Useful Group lol.

ReputationRep:
    I agree, the Artful Dodger was the highlight of the show.

ReputationRep:
    Gwion is a god. His cute little Welsh accent and his cute little clothes...he's just awesome :yep:

I wanted Kwayedza to be one of the 3 though; his voice was gorgeous

Sorry, side-tracked a bit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyBeautiful)
    Gwion is a god. His cute little Welsh accent and his cute little clothes...he's just awesome :yep:

I wanted Kwayedza to be one of the 3 though; his voice was gorgeous

Sorry, side-tracked a bit
    NO WAY GWION was awful he was the only person I did not like in the show... he was monotonous dull and I hated the acting .... sorry
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    NO WAY GWION was awful he was the only person I did not like in the show... he was monotonous dull and I hated the acting .... sorry
    Were you watching a different programme to me? He was the only kid who stood out from the very start. He was brilliant!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RK)
    Were you watching a different programme to me? He was the only kid who stood out from the very start. He was brilliant!
    clearly we were to me it was the artful dodger who stood out for me
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    clearly we were to me it was the artful dodger who stood out for me
    You meaning the 'show' as in the section on CIN or the actual one where he was picked for the role? As he certainly stood on the one where he was pciked.

I do agree with you though that the Artful Dodger they used on CIN was amazingly good. But Gwion was also great

ReputationRep:
    I am not talking about I'd do anything I mean the small segment of the theatrical show we saw on children in need where the artful dodger was AMAZING!!!!!!!

Gwion..... he is not my oliver so I will probably go to see Harry or Laurence =)

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.