Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone have any advice for a guy applying for engineering at cambridge. REALLY REALLY want to get into this course; its my ideal course and i wuld LOVE it. please help, need advice

ReputationRep:
    you want some advice. when you goe into the interview room, all u need to do is:

walk in with a smile on your face, walk up to each interviewer, introduce yourself and shake each interviewer's hand. i guarantee you that you that you will get in. you will not believe the number of interviewees who just walk in timidly, sit down, and just talk when interviewers ask. if you goe in, shake their hands and introduce yourself first i.e.) time u come in........ they will love it. they are not expecting you to be a god or an einstein to walk in. just friendly gestures and a sound base of knowledge is what they want. beleive me, if u doe that, u are "guaranteed in". out of the thousands of interviewees, only a handful were polite and brave enough to do that. they were so pleased that they had these basic skills, they let them in.

(Original post by clever_lad)
    you want some advice. when you goe into the interview room, all u need to do is:

walk in with a smile on your face, walk up to each interviewer, introduce yourself and shake each interviewer's hand. i guarantee you that you that you will get in. you will not believe the number of interviewees who just walk in timidly, sit down, and just talk when interviewers ask. if you goe in, shake their hands and introduce yourself first i.e.) time u come in........ they will love it. they are not expecting you to be a god or an einstein to walk in. just friendly gestures and a sound base of knowledge is what they want. beleive me, if u doe that, u are "guaranteed in". out of the thousands of interviewees, only a handful were polite and brave enough to do that. they were so pleased that they had these basic skills, they let them in.
    are you studying there at the moment and if so what do u think of it?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    are you studying there at the moment and if so what do u think of it?
    thanks
    No he isn't. He just dreams of being there.

(Original post by clever_lad)

but won't they just think i'm some cocky showoff? how many interviewers do you think there will be? i'm applying to queens (no reason apart from i like it) and i have heard they only have one or two at the interview. also, what sort of things will they discuss with me or what will they ask me? and what kinds of questions can i ask them?
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    nobody is guaranteed, do ur best, and i hope ill be studying with u.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.