The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
elpaw
so what would you rather have? elections rerun continuously until there is 100% turnout? nothing would ever get done that way. it would be biurocracy gone mad.

One alternative could be to switch to proportional representation so we get a more representative parliament. This brings its own problems of course.
Most likely Lib Dem, but not with any real great passion. Alternatively, I might just vote for whichever candidate has the funniest name.
Bloody hell, BNP and UKIP have one vote each :eek: . Own up!!!! :rolleyes:

My birthday is on the 6th May! So I won't be able to vote this year - if I could I would definitely vote labour. Blair made a real mistake with Iraq, but his domestic policies are spot-on. Howard is a blubbering fool - I saw that hilarious doc with Paxman where most conservatives didn't know who he was!
I just don't think Howard could lead this country anywhere useful.
Tonight Matthew
Most likely Lib Dem, but not with any real great passion. Alternatively, I might just vote for whichever candidate has the funniest name.

That's good coming from someone who wants to study politics! :biggrin:
Reply 64
You forgot the Northern Ireland parties, and other regional parties
Reply 65
how do u know the elections in may??
no ones actually confimed this.... its what we've come up with our judgement coz cherry blairs diaries empty after may..!
Reply 66
TakemetoAvalon

My birthday is on the 6th May! So I won't be able to vote this year - if I could I would definitely vote labour. Blair made a real mistake with Iraq, but his domestic policies are spot-on. Howard is a blubbering fool - I saw that hilarious doc with Paxman where most conservatives didn't know who he was!
I just don't think Howard could lead this country anywhere useful.

You don't have to choose between labour and conservative- there are other parties.
Reply 67
sannamanir
how do u know the elections in may??
no ones actually confimed this.... its what we've come up with our judgement coz cherry blairs diaries empty after may..!

because the campaigning has already been going on for about 3 weeks now.
Kinda obliged to vote Lib Dem as i did work exp in Charles Kennedy's private office - he's a v nice guy but i'll read the manifestos to make up my mind. Plus i live in a strongly conservative area so my vote wont make much diff on a national level as my const will not turn lib dem, i'll still vote tho!
TakemetoAvalon

I didn't vote for UKIP, I voted for the Conservatives, but UKIP do sound quite good. I'd have to find out a bit more about them before I voted for them though....which I won't be anyway since I'm too young. :p:
puppy
You don't have to choose between labour and conservative- there are other parties.

I know, but I'm going to vote labour anyway. (If I can). Other than that, green all the way! :biggrin:
kellywood_5

I didn't vote for UKIP, I voted for the Conservatives, but UKIP do sound quite good. I'd have to find out a bit more about them before I voted for them though....which I won't be anyway since I'm too young. :p:

Definition of Idiot:
Robert Kilroy-Silk
TakemetoAvalon
Definition of Idiot:
Robert Kilroy-Silk

Hasn't he quit though? :p: And anyway, my definition of an idiot would probably have to be Tony Blair.
Reply 73
TakemetoAvalon
Definition of Idiot:
Robert Kilroy-Silk

yea thanks for that.

your simplicity doesnt make you look less of an idiot though!
technik
yea thanks for that.

your simplicity doesnt make you look less of an idiot though

You're welcome!
Yep, I'm a total mongofied ****** with spam instead of brain. :biggrin:
technik
what are you talking about?

I'm saying that the voters as a whole, do not think that the leader of the Conservatives is being effective. I don't know how old you are, but you really could not have a less effective leader than Ian Duncan-Smith. It was only a matter of time before he lost his position as leader of the Conservatives.

technik
do you think because labour got about 3x the seats last time, that they have 3x the voters?

Only when PR systems are used we might see something like that, not with the Commons because FPTP is used.
Reply 76
NDGAARONDI
Only when PR systems are used we might see something like that, not with the Commons because FPTP is used.

er...im not sure if i follow you.

do you think that labour would still have 3x the seats under a PR system?

Latest

Trending

Trending