The Student Room Group

Pharmacy degree

For anyone that did Pharmacy what alevels did you pick?
Thank you.
Original post by Aera_K98
Thank you.

I'd recommend you check out the pharmacy applicants 2023 thread for more info.

Hope this helps! :smile:
Thank you.

Hi @Aera_K98

I currently study pharmacy and the A Levels I studied were Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

The entry requirements at the University of Huddersfield for the MPharm, particularly with A Levels are:

A Levels in Chemistry and at least one further science subject from Biology, Maths or Physics. Chemistry A Level is essential. If you are not studying Biology, then Maths or Physics are accepted. The endorsement for practical work is an essential part of Science A Level study, and is a requirement for entry to our degree course.

You may want to visit: https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/undergraduate/pharmacy-mpharm for more information

I hope this helps!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:
Aaliya ~ 4th year pharmacy student ~ University of Huddersfield
You will need Chemistry and at least one other science or maths subject.
Reply 4
would you say doing maths has helped you greatly because i'm not thinking of doing maths. Thank you
Reply 5
Original post by University of Huddersfield Student Rep
Hi @Aera_K98

I currently study pharmacy and the A Levels I studied were Biology, Chemistry and Maths.

The entry requirements at the University of Huddersfield for the MPharm, particularly with A Levels are:

A Levels in Chemistry and at least one further science subject from Biology, Maths or Physics. Chemistry A Level is essential. If you are not studying Biology, then Maths or Physics are accepted. The endorsement for practical work is an essential part of Science A Level study, and is a requirement for entry to our degree course.

You may want to visit: https://courses.hud.ac.uk/full-time/undergraduate/pharmacy-mpharm for more information

I hope this helps!
Please don't hesitate to ask any questions :smile:

would you say doing maths has helped you greatly because i'm not thinking of doing maths. Thank you
My boyfriend did chemistry, biology, and English literature!

do bio chem psychology

Hi @Aera_K98

I think because I did study maths I will always feel like it has helped, however, I do think it is manageable without having done maths at A level. A lot of my friends on the course did not do maths at A Level and they all feel okay with the maths side of the course.
I think if you practice the calculations you should be okay.

I hope this helps!
Biology, chemistry, psychology

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending