The Student Room Group

Am I fat? Or chubby?

Hiya, recently my dad said I could lose a "bit of chub" but I thought I looked fine and when I look in the mirror I'm not fat just have a very small belly. However when I take photos, I understand what my dad has said but only from the side. Front looks skinny but the side doesn't. Hope that makes sense. Currently I'm 5 foot 3, female,18 and weight about 9 stone. Thanks for the help!! :smile:)
Original post by Tazzijjj
Hiya, recently my dad said I could lose a "bit of chub" but I thought I looked fine and when I look in the mirror I'm not fat just have a very small belly. However when I take photos, I understand what my dad has said but only from the side. Front looks skinny but the side doesn't. Hope that makes sense. Currently I'm 5 foot 3, female,18 and weight about 9 stone. Thanks for the help!! :smile:)

you are a healthy weight for your age and height so don't worry about it if you want to work on yourself go for it mad respect. but don't be 'losing the chub' to please other people's expectations as you are perfectly fine how you are
Reply 2
Have you asked mum? Perhaps your dad would prefer to be seen out and about with a supermodel daughter...

According to BMI (body mass index), for 5ft 3in, a healthy weight would be anything between 107–135 lb. You're 9 stone = 126 lb, so I would say you're well inside the safety zone. Please do not be going on a diet so young -- it can become a slippery slope. But do consider joining a gym, or taking up jogging, yoga, etc -- especially if you tend towards 'pigging out' on the sofa -- and surely things will pan out fine.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Tazzijjj

Firstly, your dad should not comment on your weight only if it's coming from a place of concern lets say you are eating too much ad not being a little active and it could cause you health problems. Your body is personal to you. Only you should be affected by it as its only you who has to live with it. If you love your body and think you look good then you go girlll !! If you would like to change a few things, work on it but only do it for you not for your dad.
Hey girl,
You are perfect the way you are!!!! You don't want to develop any eating disorder or body dysmorphia because that will deteriorate your mental health and affect your surroundings and studies so cleanse your mind by meditating and tell yourself "I don't give af what anyone says, I will eat and do the **** I WANT"!!!
that should be your motto - you are only 18!!!

Tell your dad that he's fat lol -
Reply 5
Original post by BABYGG542
Hey girl,
You are perfect the way you are!!!! You don't want to develop any eating disorder or body dysmorphia because that will deteriorate your mental health and affect your surroundings and studies so cleanse your mind by meditating and tell yourself "I don't give af what anyone says, I will eat and do the **** I WANT"!!!
that should be your motto - you are only 18!!!

Tell your dad that he's fat lol -

THISSSSSSS IS THE BEST ADVICE EVERRRR!!! omg this isn't even for me but I love it. She should listen to this advice!!!
Original post by Kai23
THISSSSSSS IS THE BEST ADVICE EVERRRR!!! omg this isn't even for me but I love it. She should listen to this advice!!!

Completely agree!
Are you happy with your body shape, weight and % body fat?
Are you generally healthy?
Do you eat a balanced diet with reasonably sized portions and do regular daily exercise?

If all the answers are yes, your father's opinions are irrelevant.
Different people often have very different perceptions of beauty, the ideal body shape, dress size and personal ambitions about their body fat %.
You have the right to decide upon your preferences and ambitions about how you look.
Good luck!
impossible to say without photos

Quick Reply

Latest