The Student Room Group

To report or not

Basically my tenancy agreement states you can’t have guests staying at all. I know for a fact that someone who I live with basically their friend or bf has been living here since Friday. Should I report it?
Gosh, what an unpleasant person you sound! So someone's had their partner over for the weekend, and the first thing you think of is 'reporting them'. Why so bitter?

Good luck finding flatmates next year, because I doubt anyone will want to live with you if you're like that.
No, not unless it continues for a long time
Original post by Reality Check
Gosh, what an unpleasant person you sound! So someone's had their partner over for the weekend, and the first thing you think of is 'reporting them'. Why so bitter?

Good luck finding flatmates next year, because I doubt anyone will want to live with you if you're like that.

You're on a roll today:lol:
Reply 4
Thank God we don’t live in a police state. You’d be a danger to family and neighbours!! Is your life so boring that you have nothing better to do?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by _Rusty_
You're on a roll today:lol:

:rofl: - it's my OK, let's get **** sorted today guys for the coming week.
Is the extra person in question being a nuisance and causing issues? If not then you don't need to report them.
Ok so due to them partying in the kitchen they kept me awake until 5am on Sunday and 2am this morning. I have work at 6. I don’t want to live with any of the people in this house. I don’t know them
I find it interesting that you didn’t bother to put this information in your original post.
Original post by Reality Check
:rofl: - it's my OK, let's get **** sorted today guys for the coming week.

Ahaha fair enough, as always, it's much appreciated:smile:
Reply 10
So the whole flat had a party without you and your idea of getting revenge is to denounce a flatmates boyfriend. I guarantee you won’t be invited to the next party either!!
If they were making that much noise you just had to ask them to keep it down a bit. If it’s one weekend from time to time and not all night every night I suggest you invest in some ear plugs!
No it was just the couple no one else. I am not at university
Reply 12
So why didn’t you just speak to them about it?
I would recommend speaking with the flatmate first, before going to the "reporting" extreme, especially since it's only been a weekend. I was in a similar situation where my flatmate's boyfriend (complete stranger to me) was practically living in our flat. After MANY awkward/uncomfortable instances where he walked in on me fresh out of the shower (shared bathroom, common door did not lock), I finally spoke with my flatmate, expressed my concerns, and he was gone the next day.

It's always best to talk things through, rather than create an enemy by taking the extreme road first :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending