The Student Room Group

International (Italy) UCAS application

Hi I'm a prospective student from Italy. I would like to ask you guys some questions about the UCAS international application for September 2023 intake, as the Italian school system is a little bit different than UK's.

Specifically, when it comes to the Education section on UCAS and I try to add a qualification from my school, I'm asked to add the qualification's grade and its modules. The problem is that my qualification, the "Diploma di Esame di Stato" ( comparable in standard to UK Level 3 qualifications satisfying general HE entrance requirements) won't be graded until July 2023.

Should I leave the grade space as pending or should I add a predicted grade on my own (which by the way cannot precisely be predicted now neither by me nor by my referee)? Also, considering that the qualification's modules are, just like the overall mark, going to be graded in July 2023, in the meanwhile would you recommend me to add in the module spaces my interim, most recent grades for every subject I took, in order to be able to send my application this Autumn and give unis an idea of my grades?
You leave it as pending. Predicted grades are of course not accurate but absolutely must be predicted by your referee in their reference. Do not add in interim grades - UCAS is only interested in final examination grades.
Hi I'm also an international applicant and I may help you a little bit on this.

You'll have to fill in all the subjects you take in the education section, with grade “pending” and the month you'll get the results.

As for the grades, your referee will be asked to fill in predicted grades. In my case, my school will give us an official statement for predicted grades where we'll give it to the referee.

Hope this helps :smile:
If you have an option of “pending” pick pending.

If there isn’t a “pending” choice (most international qualifications don’t have a pending option) in the drop down menu leave the grade blank instead
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by -Frank
Hi I'm a prospective student from Italy. I would like to ask you guys some questions about the UCAS international application for September 2023 intake, as the Italian school system is a little bit different than UK's.

Specifically, when it comes to the Education section on UCAS and I try to add a qualification from my school, I'm asked to add the qualification's grade and its modules. The problem is that my qualification, the "Diploma di Esame di Stato" ( comparable in standard to UK Level 3 qualifications satisfying general HE entrance requirements) won't be graded until July 2023.

Should I leave the grade space as pending or should I add a predicted grade on my own (which by the way cannot precisely be predicted now neither by me nor by my referee)? Also, considering that the qualification's modules are, just like the overall mark, going to be graded in July 2023, in the meanwhile would you recommend me to add in the module spaces my interim, most recent grades for every subject I took, in order to be able to send my application this Autumn and give unis an idea of my grades?

You leave it as pending. Predicted grades are of course not accurate but absolutely must be predicted by your referee in their reference. Do not add in interim grades - UCAS is only interested in final examination grades. It's up to you.
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
If you have an option of “pending” pick pending.

If there isn’t a “pending” choice (most international qualifications don’t have a pending option) in the drop down menu leave the grade blank instead

So on what basis are unis gonna decide whether to offer me a place or not if I cannot mention in any way the grades I achieved most recently? I mean, by not adding any grade till I receive my final examination results, the only useful info about me left in my application are my IELTS score and PS...how are they going to make a decision?
Original post by -Frank
So on what basis are unis gonna decide whether to offer me a place or not if I cannot mention in any way the grades I achieved most recently? I mean, by not adding any grade till I receive my final examination results, the only useful info about me left in my application are my IELTS score and PS...how are they going to make a decision?

Your referee will have to fill in predicted grades. They'll consider your ps and predicted grades and give you an offer or rejection based on those information.
Original post by -Frank

They have your reference too. Including any interim or predicted grades that your referee includes.

Any offer would be conditional on you getting the right grades.
Original post by -Frank

Students here are normally made offers (in part) based on "predicted" grades, where their school/teachers predict what they think the student will get. As such you will only be made a conditional offer, and then you have to meet the conditions to subsequently matriculate at the uni (which will be whatever their standard entry criteria are. So you getting the offer is just the first part for most - you then need to actually achieve it!
Original post by -Frank

Hiya! This is a big problem that many italians applicants have. Many professors are kinda able to predict grades if you asked them (it's hard but it's a possibility). If not I would suggest emailing all the unis that you want to apply to and asking them what to do. And suggest that you can provide last year's result. From my experience, most departments or unis have many Italian people working in it and so they could asked them to explain the situation better if needed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending