The Student Room Group

I have a gcse geography mock tomorrow and I haven't memorised specific place detail?

I haven't revised SPD for my geography mock tomorrow and I now don't know what to do. Will this impact my grade greatly? Can I make realistic sounding facts up? Also, any tips on getting 9/9 and 6/6 on the markers?

Thankssssssssss!!
Original post by Larita1212
I haven't revised SPD for my geography mock tomorrow and I now don't know what to do. Will this impact my grade greatly? Can I make realistic sounding facts up? Also, any tips on getting 9/9 and 6/6 on the markers?

Thankssssssssss!!

Not sure what you mean by SPD (do u mean case studies?) but for 9 and 6 markers, follow a specific structure to get full marks for example if the question was: to what extent are humans responsible for climate change (or smtg like that) you could do…

a paragraph with this structure three times for a 9 marker:

Point, explanation, example, impact and then link back to the question

E.g:

PARA 1:

I feel that humans are responsible for climate change to a large extent because humans cause deforestation. Deforestation is where humans cut down trees. This causes climate change because trees absorb carbon dioxide for photosynthesis, therefore taking in carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Therefore, deforestation means there are less trees to carry out this process, so there is more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere which is a greenhouse gas. This contributes to the enhanced greenhouse effect, trapping radiation from the sun in our Earth’s atmosphere and therefore causing a rise in global temperature. For example, global temperatures have risen an average of (x) degrees celsius since 2011. Therefore, I feel that humans are responsible for climate change to a large extent.

PARA 2:

However, volcanic eruptions provide evidence that humans are only responsible for climate change to a limited extent. Volcanic eruptions cause ash clouds to be released into the atmosphere. (etc etc etc I don’t remember I don’t do geography anymore haha). Therefore, as volcanic eruptions are a natural cause, I feel that humans are only responsible for climate change to a limited extent.

PARA 3: another argument either for/against

CONCLUSION (important):

Therefore, overall I feel that humans are responsible for climate change to a moderate extent, because humans are responsible for deforestation and heightened carbon emissions from industry/traffic etc which contribute to the enhanced greenhouse effect. However, I also realise that natural factors also contribute to climate change such as volcanic eruptions. However, I feel that deforestation caused by humans is a much more regular occurrence than volcanic events, and therefore believe that human causes slightly outweigh natural causes.

I’m a bit rusty but hopefully that gives a bit of an idea on how to get the marks etc :smile: Hope it helps and good luck!!
Thats honestly so helpful! thankyou so much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest