The Student Room Group

gcse predicitions are bad

so i want to do biology,psychology and chemistry in a levels and my GCSE predictions are like really bad they all are 4s and 3s its because i would never revise and when i would revise it would be such bad revision hence the predictions but this mocks i have done quite a bit of revision and I'm really scared that because of my predictions will the colleges/sixth form reject me they require me to have a grade 5 in English language and my prediction is a 4 and my biology is a 3 i don't know why because the rests are 4s please help i feel like i have potential to get higher grades i need more effort and work to do and my teachers say i have potential but i need to work harder pls help on what i should do sorry this is such a mess
Original post by hamdan_v
so i want to do biology,psychology and chemistry in a levels and my GCSE predictions are like really bad they all are 4s and 3s its because i would never revise and when i would revise it would be such bad revision hence the predictions but this mocks i have done quite a bit of revision and I'm really scared that because of my predictions will the colleges/sixth form reject me they require me to have a grade 5 in English language and my prediction is a 4 and my biology is a 3 i don't know why because the rests are 4s please help i feel like i have potential to get higher grades i need more effort and work to do and my teachers say i have potential but i need to work harder pls help on what i should do sorry this is such a mess

They probably will give you a offer My predicted grade were legit TRASH. The highest i had was a 5 in math with most being a 3. My sixth form i needed 5 or 6 grade 5-9 and for math and further maths i need a 8 (which i got 4 marks off a 9) But i got a conditional offer so as long as i achieved the grades need i would get in, despite having very bad predicted grades. You should ask your school about it though. But since your an internal you will probs get an offer. I understand how you feel since i was basically worried about the same thing, Just make sure you work hard and achieve those grades.

For math i recommend doing maths genie. Doing every single one. Also for things you don't understand use gcse math tutor he explains things very well and has practise questions you can do. Also recommend maths made easy and corbettermaths also dr frost. Make sure you do these and master every topic. Also save past paper for your actually exams ,don't use them for mocks since they limited. Maths is just practise practise and more practise.

For science i just used Seneca, and Cognito(the online version) and free science lessons for notes. He very useful defo recommend him.

Sorry this is pretty long but just keep working hard and you will achieve those grades.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by rainyzack
they probably will give you a offer my predicted grade were legit trash. The highest i had was a 5 in math with most being a 3. My sixth form i needed 5 or 6 grade 5-9 and for math and further maths i need a 8 (which i got 4 marks off a 9) but i got a conditional offer so as long as i achieved the grades need i would get in, despite having very bad predicted grades. You should ask your school about it though. But since your an internal you will probs get an offer. I understand how you feel since i was basically worried about the same thing, just make sure you work hard and achieve those grades.

For math i recommend doing maths genie. Doing every single one. Also for things you don't understand use gcse math tutor he explains things very well and has practise questions you can do. Also recommend maths made easy and corbettermaths also dr frost. Make sure you do these and master every topic. Also save past paper for your actually exams ,don't use them for mocks since they limited. Maths is just practise practise and more practise.

For science i just used seneca, and cognito(the online version) and free science lessons for notes. He very useful defo recommend him.

Sorry this is pretty long but just keep working hard and you will achieve those grades.

thank you so much this has given me hope thank you for giving your time in helping me thanks i will do what you said :smile:
Original post by hamdan_v

It sounds like you know exactly what you need to do. You need to revise and work harder.
There's no magic wand to wave here, just get on with it.

Quick Reply

Latest