Turn on thread page Beta

Tories Plan to Make History Compulsory for 16 yr olds (Spoof) watch

ReputationRep:
    Hehe very nice very nice I liked the profile of any modern leader bit.
    I had a modern studies prelim today in which one of the essays was about the power of the Prime Minister. I kept on referring to the Prime Minister as a "he" but using Margaret Thatcher as my example pretty much all of the time

ReputationRep:
    If Tories make history compulsary for 16 year olds, how about geography? :p:

Not sure if ICT is compulsary though. I think the subjects math, english, science only should be compulsary for 16 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    I'm going to use my 1000th post to say this:

Blatant left-wing anti-Conservative propaganda! The Guardian is so biased, they don't even attempt to hide it!
    It's hardly a secret that the guardian is left wing. You know, the same way that the telegraph is quite obviously right wing. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I read an article about this in a newspaper, written by a historian, yet he did himself no favours in my opinion. As soon as I read the first paragraph, a German death camp was mentioned. We've already mentioned on other threads that there is too much focus on that one war alone.

An article in the paper mentioned how few people knew about The Spanish Armarda and so on. But the author mentioned only the Normans when saying 1066. The Vikings also invaded York, but was heavily defeated at Stamford Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    You make anti-Conservative propaganda sound like such a bad thing.
    Maybe because I'm in favour of the Conservatives and bleeding-heart Lefties are the bane of my existence? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellywood_5)
    Maybe because I'm in favour of the Conservatives and bleeding-heart Lefties are the bane of my existence? :p:
    The thought of Michael Howard running anymore than a bath gives me the willies. Perhaps when they come up with something more than desperate, poorly thought through, populist policies (see above), people will give them a minutes thought.

Thats no endorsement of Tony Blair though.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder who'll be the next Tory PM (and if he/she's out of nappies yet).

ReputationRep:
    That was funny, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    that was hysterical...

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 29, 2005
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.