The Student Room Group

Security clearance cancelled

Hi there, i recently applied for a home office job and my security clearance application was cancelled within days. I got a letter stating it's not a refusal but a cancellation and won't have any bearing on future clearance application outside of the home office. The vetting officer says i can't be offered any post in the home office because i didn't meet government specific pre-employment checks that concern immigration and/or passport rules. What does this really mean? Anyone else experience this issues?
Original post by Preccy
Hi there, i recently applied for a home office job and my security clearance application was cancelled within days. I got a letter stating it's not a refusal but a cancellation and won't have any bearing on future clearance application outside of the home office. The vetting officer says i can't be offered any post in the home office because i didn't meet government specific pre-employment checks that concern immigration and/or passport rules. What does this really mean? Anyone else experience this issues?

Did you meet the criteria?
Reply 2
Original post by Rauf7861
did u meet the criteria?

yes I meet the criteria
Moderation note:

Please do not reveal and discuss security clearance levels on TSR. Please see the forum specific guidelines here

Wilykit
Original post by Preccy
yes I meet the criteria

Very strange see if you can appeal the decision
Reply 5
Original post by Rauf7861
Very strange see if you can appeal the decision

One can only appeal if it's refused. But in this case, it's cancelled meaning the vetting was not even done.
Reply 6
When it comes to immigration/passport issue, have you read the security clearance document clearly? It says, if you are in the UK for less than 5 years for SC, or less than 3 years for CTC, If you have another nationality or your partner has another nationality especial county which are in conflict with the UK,if you ever overstayed your visa, if you came here clandestine, if you have been an asylum seeker , if you ever lived in the UK illegal , your security clearance will be cancelled as fail, because, how can you be employed in the department which deals with immigration while you have already breached the immigration rule? so check your history first. You are lucky it has been cancelled.
Hi guys! Was it for the Asylum Decision maker role? And did you end up getting any answer from Home Office?
I applied back in April and got an email from SSCL saying I failed on residency grounds, so they're awaiting a response from the Home Office to see if I could qualify for the position, but I haven't received any letter from HO...
Reply 8
Original post by Kit_Kat98
Hi guys! Was it for the Asylum Decision maker role? And did you end up getting any answer from Home Office?
I applied back in April and got an email from SSCL saying I failed on residency grounds, so they're awaiting a response from the Home Office to see if I could qualify for the position, but I haven't received any letter from HO...

Home Office will not offer you a job if you fail security as you are going to deal with Gov secret, if you log in to your cs account you will see the job has been removed. I used to work in recruitment and once you failed security,you will not be offered any job even in future at Home office, the only way is to contact ACAS if you think it is a discrimination
Thank you for your reply! What kind of discrimination would it be considered in this case?
Original post by yacenna
Home Office will not offer you a job if you fail security as you are going to deal with Gov secret, if you log in to your cs account you will see the job has been removed. I used to work in recruitment and once you failed security,you will not be offered any job even in future at Home office, the only way is to contact ACAS if you think it is a discrimination

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending