The Student Room Group

Architecture interviews at Cambridge, UCL, Bath, Manchester and Sheffield

Hi, I'm a Y13 student applying to study Architecture at Cambridge, UCL, Bath, Manchester and Sheffield. Since interviews are just around the corner, I was wondering if anyone who has previously applied to these places could give me a heads-up as to what kind of questions they ask and the overall interview experience. Also, any advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you! :smile:
Original post by kookie2005
Hi, I'm a Y13 student applying to study Architecture at Cambridge, UCL, Bath, Manchester and Sheffield. Since interviews are just around the corner, I was wondering if anyone who has previously applied to these places could give me a heads-up as to what kind of questions they ask and the overall interview experience. Also, any advice would be very much appreciated! Thank you! :smile:

It is generally frowned upon to share interview experiences on TSR as it can give those who follow a unfair advantage. However, there will be obvious questions like 'why architecture?' and you are likely to be asked to talk through your portfolio or specific pieces. Be prepared to elaborate on sections of you personal statement.

There is some advice on how to prepare for a uni interview here:

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/applying-for-university/getting-into-university/preparing-for-a-university-interview

Also, if you want to chat to some other 2023 architecture applicants, join this thread:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7263924
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by kookie2005
Hi, I'm a Y13 student applying to study Architecture at Cambridge, UCL, Bath, Manchester and Sheffield. Since interviews are just around the corner, I was wondering if anyone who has previously applied to these places could give me a heads-up as to what kind of questions they ask and the overall interview experience. Also, any advice would be very much appreciated! didThank you! :smile:

did you get an interview email from Cambridge yet? I haven't received any interview-related emails yet and I'm getting increasingly nervous
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest