The Student Room Group

How risky are my 5 choices?

Hey, I'm kind of stressing over my 5 choices now. I'm about to put my application in, but getting cold feet. Worried about 5 rejections, just looking for any advice?

I meet the entry requirements for all(GCSE and A-Level), but of course that won't be enough to guarantee an offer.

Predicted A*A*A, got (1A*, 2A, 3B, 5C) at GCSE. Looking to apply for CompSci at:
-UCL
-Soton
-KCL[Contextual]
-St Andrews[Contextual]
-Liverpool

I'd be happy at all to be honest, so as long as I get 1 offer, I'd be happy. What do you think?
Original post by AnotherStudent!
Hey, I'm kind of stressing over my 5 choices now. I'm about to put my application in, but getting cold feet. Worried about 5 rejections, just looking for any advice?

I meet the entry requirements for all(GCSE and A-Level), but of course that won't be enough to guarantee an offer.

Predicted A*A*A, got (1A*, 2A, 3B, 5C) at GCSE. Looking to apply for CompSci at:
-UCL
-Soton
-KCL[Contextual]
-St Andrews[Contextual]
-Liverpool

I'd be happy at all to be honest, so as long as I get 1 offer, I'd be happy. What do you think?

You haven't stated what the requirements of the 5 universities are. Why do you think you would get 5 rejections?

-UCL
-Soton
-KCL[Contextual]
-St Andrews[Contextual]
-Liverpool

I doubt with your predicted grades you will get 5 rejections but UCL and St Andrews in particular are very competitive.
Original post by swanseajack1
I doubt with your predicted grades you will get 5 rejections but UCL and St Andrews in particular are very competitive.

Is KCL not considered competitive? I was under the impression that it was.

-UCL
-Soton
-KCL[Contextual]
-St Andrews[Contextual]
-Liverpool

I don't think you'll get 5 rejections (provided that your PS and reference are also good).

Since you haven't mentioned the entry requirements I looked for them myself- UCL wants A*A*A, which you have (though bear in mind it is competitive), so you have a fighting chance.

Best of luck! :smile:
Original post by sleep_supremacy
Is KCL not considered competitive? I was under the impression that it was.

Yes but it isnt as competitive as UCL and with OPs predictions I suspect they will be OK. Also Southampton and Liverpool similarly,
Yes but it isnt as competitive as UCL and with OPs predictions I suspect they will be OK. Also Southampton and Liverpool similarly,

King's College London
acceptance rates, statistics and application numbers
for academic years 2013-2022
Undergraduate

55%

offer rate

5 in 9
undergraduate applicants received an offer in 2021/22.

Postgraduate
taught

41%
King's College London
acceptance rates, statistics and application numbers
for academic years 2013-2022
Undergraduate

55%

offer rate

5 in 9
undergraduate applicants received an offer in 2021/22.

Postgraduate
taught

41%

Thanks for the info! :smile:

-UCL
-Soton
-KCL[Contextual]
-St Andrews[Contextual]
-Liverpool

You have applied to a good range of unis and with your predicted grades, you should get several offers. Not necessarily 5/5 as no one can predict that but at least a few.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending